Jennifer Lawrence to Help Tom Sherak Announce 2012 Academy Awards Nominees
Jennifer Lawrence will be a part of the 2012 Academy Awards. The actress, who was nominated for Best Actress in 2011 for her role in "Winter's Bone", has been chosen by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences as the nominee announcer for this year's award show along with Academy President Tom Sherak.
The actress playing Katniss in "The Hunger Games" and the Academy President will unveil the nominations in 10 of the 24 categories. The announcement itself will take place on Tuesday, January 24 at 5.30 A.M. PT during a news conference that will be held at the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills.
Last year, it was Mo'Nique, the "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" star and winner of 2009 Best Supporting Actress, who tackled the duty in reading the Oscar nominees. A year prior, the honor went to "The Dark Knight Rises" beauty Anne Hathaway.
Honoring the outstanding film achievements of 2011, this year's Academy Awards will be presented on Sunday, February 26 at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center. Hosted by veteran Oscar host Billy Crystal, the ceremony will be televised live by the ABC Television Network in more than 225 countries worldwide.
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'