Jennifer Lawrence to Help Tom Sherak Announce 2012 Academy Awards Nominees
Jennifer Lawrence will be a part of the 2012 Academy Awards. The actress, who was nominated for Best Actress in 2011 for her role in "Winter's Bone", has been chosen by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences as the nominee announcer for this year's award show along with Academy President Tom Sherak.
The actress playing Katniss in "The Hunger Games" and the Academy President will unveil the nominations in 10 of the 24 categories. The announcement itself will take place on Tuesday, January 24 at 5.30 A.M. PT during a news conference that will be held at the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills.
Last year, it was Mo'Nique, the "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" star and winner of 2009 Best Supporting Actress, who tackled the duty in reading the Oscar nominees. A year prior, the honor went to "The Dark Knight Rises" beauty Anne Hathaway.
Honoring the outstanding film achievements of 2011, this year's Academy Awards will be presented on Sunday, February 26 at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center. Hosted by veteran Oscar host Billy Crystal, the ceremony will be televised live by the ABC Television Network in more than 225 countries worldwide.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up