'Bridesmaids' Director Paul Feig Signs On to Helm 'The Better Woman'
Following the big success of "Bridesmaids", director Paul Feig is set to team up with Universal Pictures once again to helm another potential blockbuster film. Variety reported that Feig has signed on to work on an upcoming romantic comedy movie called "The Better Woman".
Feig will join force with "Gilmore Girls" creator Amy Sherman-Palladino, who will pen the script based on an idea by Ron Bass and Jen Smolka. "We Bought a Zoo" producer Julie Yorn, meanwhile, will produce the upcoming film under her LBI Entertaiment banner.
The story of "The Better Woman" itself centers on a young executive whose fiance leaves her for a much older woman. The executive then searches out the older woman to find out about what went wrong in the relationship. No actors have been tapped to star in the forthcoming rom-com. Reese Witherspoon had been circling the project but she decided to pass it on.
After directing "Bridesmaids", which grossed over $288 million worldwide, Feig was considered to helm a third "Bridget Jones" movie but he exited the project in October 2011 despite the fact that he had already prepared a draft of script. He also remains hesitant to return as the director for a possible "Bridesmaids" sequel as co-writers Kristen Wiig and Annie Mumulo seemingly will not return to the sequel.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl