'Bridesmaids' Director Paul Feig Signs On to Helm 'The Better Woman'
Following the big success of "Bridesmaids", director Paul Feig is set to team up with Universal Pictures once again to helm another potential blockbuster film. Variety reported that Feig has signed on to work on an upcoming romantic comedy movie called "The Better Woman".
Feig will join force with "Gilmore Girls" creator Amy Sherman-Palladino, who will pen the script based on an idea by Ron Bass and Jen Smolka. "We Bought a Zoo" producer Julie Yorn, meanwhile, will produce the upcoming film under her LBI Entertaiment banner.
The story of "The Better Woman" itself centers on a young executive whose fiance leaves her for a much older woman. The executive then searches out the older woman to find out about what went wrong in the relationship. No actors have been tapped to star in the forthcoming rom-com. Reese Witherspoon had been circling the project but she decided to pass it on.
After directing "Bridesmaids", which grossed over $288 million worldwide, Feig was considered to helm a third "Bridget Jones" movie but he exited the project in October 2011 despite the fact that he had already prepared a draft of script. He also remains hesitant to return as the director for a possible "Bridesmaids" sequel as co-writers Kristen Wiig and Annie Mumulo seemingly will not return to the sequel.
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'