Dr. Dre Receives Complaint From PETA for Launching Fur Headphone
Dr. Dre comes under fire from PETA after he launched fox-fur headphone. "We wanted to get in touch to urge you to keep fur and exotic-animal skins out of your Beats by Dre designs," so the organization pleads to the Hip-Hop mogul in a letter written by its executive, Michelle Cho.
She explains more, "Foxes, minks, rabbits, and other animals - including cats and dogs - are bludgeoned, genitally electrocuted, strangled with wire nooses, drowned, and even skinned alive for their pelts. Most animals killed for their fur are slaughtered in China, where there are no penalties for those who abuse animals on fur farms."
"With so many fashionable, cruelty-free materials available these days, we hope that you will keep animals in mind and choose not to use fur or exotic skins in your collection. You'd be joining designers such as Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Marc Bouwer, and Vivienne Westwood, who have banned fur from their designs."
Michele ends her letter by asking Dre to join the cause of saving animals from cruelty. "You have a tremendous amount of influence on young people - won't you please consider using your platform to advocate kindness toward animals by pledging never to design with real fur and exotic skins?" so she asks.
The Hip-Hop mogul collaborates with famed designer Oscar de la Renta in designing the fur headphone. "Form meets function as these high performance headphones deliver rich, full sound from a portable and stylish unit," it's described. Covered in luxe silver fox a limited edition twist, the product is sold for $695.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered