Dr. Dre Receives Complaint From PETA for Launching Fur Headphone
Dr. Dre comes under fire from PETA after he launched fox-fur headphone. "We wanted to get in touch to urge you to keep fur and exotic-animal skins out of your Beats by Dre designs," so the organization pleads to the Hip-Hop mogul in a letter written by its executive, Michelle Cho.
She explains more, "Foxes, minks, rabbits, and other animals - including cats and dogs - are bludgeoned, genitally electrocuted, strangled with wire nooses, drowned, and even skinned alive for their pelts. Most animals killed for their fur are slaughtered in China, where there are no penalties for those who abuse animals on fur farms."
"With so many fashionable, cruelty-free materials available these days, we hope that you will keep animals in mind and choose not to use fur or exotic skins in your collection. You'd be joining designers such as Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Marc Bouwer, and Vivienne Westwood, who have banned fur from their designs."
Michele ends her letter by asking Dre to join the cause of saving animals from cruelty. "You have a tremendous amount of influence on young people - won't you please consider using your platform to advocate kindness toward animals by pledging never to design with real fur and exotic skins?" so she asks.
The Hip-Hop mogul collaborates with famed designer Oscar de la Renta in designing the fur headphone. "Form meets function as these high performance headphones deliver rich, full sound from a portable and stylish unit," it's described. Covered in luxe silver fox a limited edition twist, the product is sold for $695.
More Dr. Dre News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones