Dr. Dre Receives Complaint From PETA for Launching Fur Headphone
Dr. Dre comes under fire from PETA after he launched fox-fur headphone. "We wanted to get in touch to urge you to keep fur and exotic-animal skins out of your Beats by Dre designs," so the organization pleads to the Hip-Hop mogul in a letter written by its executive, Michelle Cho.
She explains more, "Foxes, minks, rabbits, and other animals - including cats and dogs - are bludgeoned, genitally electrocuted, strangled with wire nooses, drowned, and even skinned alive for their pelts. Most animals killed for their fur are slaughtered in China, where there are no penalties for those who abuse animals on fur farms."
"With so many fashionable, cruelty-free materials available these days, we hope that you will keep animals in mind and choose not to use fur or exotic skins in your collection. You'd be joining designers such as Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Marc Bouwer, and Vivienne Westwood, who have banned fur from their designs."
Michele ends her letter by asking Dre to join the cause of saving animals from cruelty. "You have a tremendous amount of influence on young people - won't you please consider using your platform to advocate kindness toward animals by pledging never to design with real fur and exotic skins?" so she asks.
The Hip-Hop mogul collaborates with famed designer Oscar de la Renta in designing the fur headphone. "Form meets function as these high performance headphones deliver rich, full sound from a portable and stylish unit," it's described. Covered in luxe silver fox a limited edition twist, the product is sold for $695.
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think