Kiefer Sutherland: '24' Movie Will Take Place Six Months After the Series' Finale
Kiefer Sutherland has dropped a few updates on long-delayed "24: The Movie". During the FOX panel at the Broadcasting Company Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour in Pasadena on Sunday, January 8, Sutherland revealed that the TV series-adapted film is ready to kick off production this spring and that the story will take place six months after the final episode.
"The status on the movie is that, hopefully, we will be shooting the end of April, beginning of May," stated the 45-year-old actor. Explaining about the film's plot, the Emmy winner said, "I see it as a continuation. The script that we've got right now, which I'm very, very excited about, is relatively a direct continuation. It's within six months from the end of the last episode. We'll see where it goes from there."
On whether the "24" movie will be planned as two-hour film or real time, Sutherland said, "It's two hours, representing 24 hours. The movie is not in real time. It's two-hour representation of a 24-hour day." Asked if the original cast members from the TV show are set to return, he answered, "I can't say that."
"24" TV series follows the 24 hours in the life of Sutherland's agent Jack Bauer. It uses the real time method of narration. Each episode typically follows Bauer, officials in the U.S. government, and the conspirators behind the events of the day, often simultaneously.
As for the big-screen take on the hit show, "The Wolverine" screenwriter Mark Bomback has been tapped to polish the original screenplay, which was written by Billy Ray. Though Ray aims to take Bauer to Europe, it is still unclear if Bomback will take the plot to a different direction.
While Sutherland is committed to reprise his iconic role as Bauer, the upcoming "24" film still hasn't tapped a director to tackle the helming duty. Back in December, it was said that producer Brian Grazer and FOX have eyed five filmmakers since Tony Scott was no longer attached to direct the film.
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...