Parents No Longer Talk About Katy Perry After Her Protest
Katy Perry hinted that she is pissed with her parents who discussed her broken marriage to Russell Brand during their sermon. Also in her first tweet since Brand filed for divorce from her, the pop singer said that she is back in happy mode.
Earlier this week, ministers Keith and Mary Hudson told the folks in Church on the Rise congregation in Westlake, Ohio, "I'm sure that Katy's trending on the Internet was to get you here to church tonight. I mean all over the world, who knows how God is bringing them in? The most important thing is you are here and God wants to put the fire in you in 2012."
Perry tweeted on Saturday night, "I am so grateful for all the love and support I've had from people around the world. You guys have made my heart happy again." She added shortly later, "Concerning the gossip, I want to be clear that NO ONE speaks for me. Not a blog, magazine, 'close sources' or my family."
It looks like her parents got the message and made no mention about their daughter during their Sunday morning sermon at New Hope International in Fort Valley, GA.
More Katy Perry News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!