Parents No Longer Talk About Katy Perry After Her Protest
Katy Perry hinted that she is pissed with her parents who discussed her broken marriage to Russell Brand during their sermon. Also in her first tweet since Brand filed for divorce from her, the pop singer said that she is back in happy mode.
Earlier this week, ministers Keith and Mary Hudson told the folks in Church on the Rise congregation in Westlake, Ohio, "I'm sure that Katy's trending on the Internet was to get you here to church tonight. I mean all over the world, who knows how God is bringing them in? The most important thing is you are here and God wants to put the fire in you in 2012."
Perry tweeted on Saturday night, "I am so grateful for all the love and support I've had from people around the world. You guys have made my heart happy again." She added shortly later, "Concerning the gossip, I want to be clear that NO ONE speaks for me. Not a blog, magazine, 'close sources' or my family."
It looks like her parents got the message and made no mention about their daughter during their Sunday morning sermon at New Hope International in Fort Valley, GA.
More Katy Perry News
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money