Parents No Longer Talk About Katy Perry After Her Protest
Katy Perry hinted that she is pissed with her parents who discussed her broken marriage to Russell Brand during their sermon. Also in her first tweet since Brand filed for divorce from her, the pop singer said that she is back in happy mode.
Earlier this week, ministers Keith and Mary Hudson told the folks in Church on the Rise congregation in Westlake, Ohio, "I'm sure that Katy's trending on the Internet was to get you here to church tonight. I mean all over the world, who knows how God is bringing them in? The most important thing is you are here and God wants to put the fire in you in 2012."
Perry tweeted on Saturday night, "I am so grateful for all the love and support I've had from people around the world. You guys have made my heart happy again." She added shortly later, "Concerning the gossip, I want to be clear that NO ONE speaks for me. Not a blog, magazine, 'close sources' or my family."
It looks like her parents got the message and made no mention about their daughter during their Sunday morning sermon at New Hope International in Fort Valley, GA.
More Katy Perry News
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie