Selena Gomez Gets 3 Years Protection From Delusional Stalker
Selena Gomez has won a long-term restraining order against the man who threatened to kill her. Thomas Brodnicki is to stay away from the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star for three years, L.A. Superior Court Judge William D. Stewart ruled on Friday, January 6.
Brodnicki, who has a history of mental illness told people that he had conversations with God about murdering the actress. The 46-year-old man admitted to psychiatrist that he made several visits to her workplace. He was sued for stalking charges but Brodnicki pled not guilty in November and his case was dismissed.
This is both a victory and a relief for Gomez because her petition for the long-term protection was previously denied twice because prosecutors did not provide enough argument and Brodnicki was not present to tell his side of story. Nevertheless, Police described Brodnicki as a "serious threat" to Gomez.
On Friday, Gomez's lawyer also presented a declaration from Brodnicki himself that said "a restraining order should be issued against me to prevent me from trying to contact Selena." He added, "I know it is the only thing that will make me stay away from Selena."
More Selena Gomez News
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande