October 25, 2016  

Selena Gomez Gets 3 Years Protection From Delusional Stalker

January 7, 2012 (3:53 pm) GMT
Thomas Brodnicki, who made a threat to kill the actress, also issued a statement in which he wants the judge to give him a restraining order.

has won a long-term restraining order against the man who threatened to kill her. Thomas Brodnicki is to stay away from the "" star for three years, L.A. Superior Court Judge William D. Stewart ruled on Friday, January 6.

Brodnicki, who has a history of mental illness told people that he had conversations with God about murdering the actress. The 46-year-old man admitted to psychiatrist that he made several visits to her workplace. He was sued for stalking charges but Brodnicki pled not guilty in November and his case was dismissed.

This is both a victory and a relief for Gomez because her petition for the long-term protection was previously denied twice because prosecutors did not provide enough argument and Brodnicki was not present to tell his side of story. Nevertheless, Police described Brodnicki as a "serious threat" to Gomez.

On Friday, Gomez's lawyer also presented a declaration from Brodnicki himself that said "a restraining order should be issued against me to prevent me from trying to contact Selena." He added, "I know it is the only thing that will make me stay away from Selena."

More Selena Gomez News


  1. Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
  2. Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
  3. 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
  4. Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
  5. Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
  6. Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
  7. Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
  8. Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie