Selena Gomez Gets 3 Years Protection From Delusional Stalker
Selena Gomez has won a long-term restraining order against the man who threatened to kill her. Thomas Brodnicki is to stay away from the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star for three years, L.A. Superior Court Judge William D. Stewart ruled on Friday, January 6.
Brodnicki, who has a history of mental illness told people that he had conversations with God about murdering the actress. The 46-year-old man admitted to psychiatrist that he made several visits to her workplace. He was sued for stalking charges but Brodnicki pled not guilty in November and his case was dismissed.
This is both a victory and a relief for Gomez because her petition for the long-term protection was previously denied twice because prosecutors did not provide enough argument and Brodnicki was not present to tell his side of story. Nevertheless, Police described Brodnicki as a "serious threat" to Gomez.
On Friday, Gomez's lawyer also presented a declaration from Brodnicki himself that said "a restraining order should be issued against me to prevent me from trying to contact Selena." He added, "I know it is the only thing that will make me stay away from Selena."
More Selena Gomez News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media