Selena Gomez Gets 3 Years Protection From Delusional Stalker
Selena Gomez has won a long-term restraining order against the man who threatened to kill her. Thomas Brodnicki is to stay away from the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star for three years, L.A. Superior Court Judge William D. Stewart ruled on Friday, January 6.
Brodnicki, who has a history of mental illness told people that he had conversations with God about murdering the actress. The 46-year-old man admitted to psychiatrist that he made several visits to her workplace. He was sued for stalking charges but Brodnicki pled not guilty in November and his case was dismissed.
This is both a victory and a relief for Gomez because her petition for the long-term protection was previously denied twice because prosecutors did not provide enough argument and Brodnicki was not present to tell his side of story. Nevertheless, Police described Brodnicki as a "serious threat" to Gomez.
On Friday, Gomez's lawyer also presented a declaration from Brodnicki himself that said "a restraining order should be issued against me to prevent me from trying to contact Selena." He added, "I know it is the only thing that will make me stay away from Selena."
More Selena Gomez News
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does