Selena Gomez Gets 3 Years Protection From Delusional Stalker
Selena Gomez has won a long-term restraining order against the man who threatened to kill her. Thomas Brodnicki is to stay away from the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star for three years, L.A. Superior Court Judge William D. Stewart ruled on Friday, January 6.
Brodnicki, who has a history of mental illness told people that he had conversations with God about murdering the actress. The 46-year-old man admitted to psychiatrist that he made several visits to her workplace. He was sued for stalking charges but Brodnicki pled not guilty in November and his case was dismissed.
This is both a victory and a relief for Gomez because her petition for the long-term protection was previously denied twice because prosecutors did not provide enough argument and Brodnicki was not present to tell his side of story. Nevertheless, Police described Brodnicki as a "serious threat" to Gomez.
On Friday, Gomez's lawyer also presented a declaration from Brodnicki himself that said "a restraining order should be issued against me to prevent me from trying to contact Selena." He added, "I know it is the only thing that will make me stay away from Selena."
More Selena Gomez News
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival
- Blac Chyna Reportedly Dating Kourtney Kardashian's Former Beau Quincy Combs