Emmy-winning Actress Comes Out as Gay to Fight Bullies
Taking her part in fighting bullying, Emmy-winning star Kristy McNichol revealed herself as gay. The actress who starred on ABC's drama "Family" and has left Hollywood for more than twenty years, said that she is "very sad about kids being bullied."
McNichol, now 49, has been living with her partner, Martie Allen, for two decades. She told People that it was finally the time to "be open about who I am". Her representative added, "She hopes that coming out can help kids who need support. She would like to help others who feel different."
Despite coming out with her sexual orientation, McNichol wants to be "living a very private life", adding she is "happy and healthy".
McNichol is also known for her role on sitcom "Empty Nest". Putting aside her acting career, she resides in Los Angeles, California and does a lot of charity work.
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It
- Kim Kardashian Concierge Says Robbers Didn't Want Her Jewelry. What Were They After, Then?
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series