Emmy-winning Actress Comes Out as Gay to Fight Bullies
Taking her part in fighting bullying, Emmy-winning star Kristy McNichol revealed herself as gay. The actress who starred on ABC's drama "Family" and has left Hollywood for more than twenty years, said that she is "very sad about kids being bullied."
McNichol, now 49, has been living with her partner, Martie Allen, for two decades. She told People that it was finally the time to "be open about who I am". Her representative added, "She hopes that coming out can help kids who need support. She would like to help others who feel different."
Despite coming out with her sexual orientation, McNichol wants to be "living a very private life", adding she is "happy and healthy".
McNichol is also known for her role on sitcom "Empty Nest". Putting aside her acting career, she resides in Los Angeles, California and does a lot of charity work.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics