Emmy-winning Actress Comes Out as Gay to Fight Bullies
Taking her part in fighting bullying, Emmy-winning star Kristy McNichol revealed herself as gay. The actress who starred on ABC's drama "Family" and has left Hollywood for more than twenty years, said that she is "very sad about kids being bullied."
McNichol, now 49, has been living with her partner, Martie Allen, for two decades. She told People that it was finally the time to "be open about who I am". Her representative added, "She hopes that coming out can help kids who need support. She would like to help others who feel different."
Despite coming out with her sexual orientation, McNichol wants to be "living a very private life", adding she is "happy and healthy".
McNichol is also known for her role on sitcom "Empty Nest". Putting aside her acting career, she resides in Los Angeles, California and does a lot of charity work.
- Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian With Huge Flower Bouquets Again for Wedding Anniversary
- Peek-a-Boob! Pamela Anderson Flaunts Famous Cleavage in Slashed Gown in Monaco
- Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor Announce Split After 17 Years of Marriage
- Ariana Grande Shares Emotional Letter, Announces Manchester Benefit Concert: 'We Won't Let Hate Win'
- 'Paddington 2' Gets a January 2018 Release Date
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?