Emmy-winning Actress Comes Out as Gay to Fight Bullies
Taking her part in fighting bullying, Emmy-winning star Kristy McNichol revealed herself as gay. The actress who starred on ABC's drama "Family" and has left Hollywood for more than twenty years, said that she is "very sad about kids being bullied."
McNichol, now 49, has been living with her partner, Martie Allen, for two decades. She told People that it was finally the time to "be open about who I am". Her representative added, "She hopes that coming out can help kids who need support. She would like to help others who feel different."
Despite coming out with her sexual orientation, McNichol wants to be "living a very private life", adding she is "happy and healthy".
McNichol is also known for her role on sitcom "Empty Nest". Putting aside her acting career, she resides in Los Angeles, California and does a lot of charity work.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding