Emmy-winning Actress Comes Out as Gay to Fight Bullies
Taking her part in fighting bullying, Emmy-winning star Kristy McNichol revealed herself as gay. The actress who starred on ABC's drama "Family" and has left Hollywood for more than twenty years, said that she is "very sad about kids being bullied."
McNichol, now 49, has been living with her partner, Martie Allen, for two decades. She told People that it was finally the time to "be open about who I am". Her representative added, "She hopes that coming out can help kids who need support. She would like to help others who feel different."
Despite coming out with her sexual orientation, McNichol wants to be "living a very private life", adding she is "happy and healthy".
McNichol is also known for her role on sitcom "Empty Nest". Putting aside her acting career, she resides in Los Angeles, California and does a lot of charity work.
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!