Former Fleetwood Mac Guitarist Bob Weston Found Dead at His London Flat
Sad news has just come from the music world. Bob Weston, the former guitarist of rock band Fleetwood Mac, has died at the age of 64. According to his official website, the musician was found dead at his flat in north London on Tuesday evening, January 3.
The police, who found Weston's lifeless body, were making a forced entry to his home after his friends became "concerned at the lack of response" and have "not seen him for a couple of days." It is said that he was found in his bed with the TV on, and it is presumed that "he was asleep and didn't suffer" before he died.
According to the Associated Press, the autopsy revealed that the cause of Weston's death was a gastrointestinal haemorrhage, cirrhosis of the liver and throat problems. London police confirmed Weston's death and stated that they would not treat the death case as suspicious.
Weston joined Fleetwood Mac in 1972, replacing Danny Kirwan. He played on the albums "Penguin" and "Mystery to Me" in the same year. During an American tour in late 1973, drummer Mick Fleetwood discovered that the late guitarist was having an affair with his wife Jenny Boyd. Weston was fired from the band and the rest of the tour was scrapped.
The Liverpool-born guitarist had released several solo albums throughout his career. He had collaborated with various musicians, including Long John Baldry, Murray Head, Bob Welch and Steve Marriott. He was also committed to a number of new projects before he died.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'