Video Premiere: Dawn Richard's 'SMFU (Save Me From You)'
Dawn Richard is showing off her vulnerable side in a music video for her new solo single "SMFU (Save Me From You)". Beside shedding tears, the former member of Danity Kane who is now part of Diddy-Dirty Money also busts a move with her girl friends in this black-and-white clip.
"I was going through something really, really bad and instead of me trying to keep things private, I like to give my vulnerability, make it strong, and put it out there," she said of the concept for the video. "And I feel like there's a lot of people who pretend to be a hero, but they really are the villains in this story."
"SMFU (Save Me From You)" is the first official offering from Dawn's upcoming solo studio album "GoldenHeart". Rumor has it, she plans to follow up the album with two more CDs, making it a trilogy album. The other two are reportedly titled "BlackHeart" and "RedemptionHeart".
Dawn Richard's "SMFU (Save Me From You)" Music Video
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor