Matt Damon Cancels Directorial Debut in Drama He Co-Wrote With John Krasinski
Matt Damon will likely not make his first directing stint in a foreseeable future. The 41-year-old actor has just canceled his planned directorial debut in a drama he co-wrote with John Krasinski. Vulture reported that the actor has pulled back from his commitment to helm the untitled film project due to "script issue."
Although he has decided to bow out of the directing duty, Damon is still expected to star in the film which cost an estimated $12 million to produce. However, it is still unclear whether or not Warner Bros. Pictures is still interested to develop the film without Damon serving behind the lens.
Back in October 2011, it was announced that the "True Grit" actor has signed on to direct the untitled Matt Damon/John Krasinski drama, which is reportedly set in the vein of "Erin Brockovich". The story centers on a salesman who comes to a small town where his life changes. The idea of the story is developed by Krasinski and author Dave Eggers.
At the time the movie project was announced, Warners had a quite high expectation on the project and was eying a spring production start. Damon was supposed to play the lead role with Krasinski tackling the supporting part.
Damon will next be seen in "Elysium", a sci-fi movie which is set 150 years in the future and has the social allegory elements ala District 9. He is set to star opposite Jodie Foster and William Fichtner in the Neill Blomkamp-directed film that will be released in the U.S. on March 1, 2013.
- Officially Back On? Kylie Jenner Tags Tyga on Her Booty In This Instagram Photo
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?