Matt Damon Cancels Directorial Debut in Drama He Co-Wrote With John Krasinski
Matt Damon will likely not make his first directing stint in a foreseeable future. The 41-year-old actor has just canceled his planned directorial debut in a drama he co-wrote with John Krasinski. Vulture reported that the actor has pulled back from his commitment to helm the untitled film project due to "script issue."
Although he has decided to bow out of the directing duty, Damon is still expected to star in the film which cost an estimated $12 million to produce. However, it is still unclear whether or not Warner Bros. Pictures is still interested to develop the film without Damon serving behind the lens.
Back in October 2011, it was announced that the "True Grit" actor has signed on to direct the untitled Matt Damon/John Krasinski drama, which is reportedly set in the vein of "Erin Brockovich". The story centers on a salesman who comes to a small town where his life changes. The idea of the story is developed by Krasinski and author Dave Eggers.
At the time the movie project was announced, Warners had a quite high expectation on the project and was eying a spring production start. Damon was supposed to play the lead role with Krasinski tackling the supporting part.
Damon will next be seen in "Elysium", a sci-fi movie which is set 150 years in the future and has the social allegory elements ala District 9. He is set to star opposite Jodie Foster and William Fichtner in the Neill Blomkamp-directed film that will be released in the U.S. on March 1, 2013.
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters
- Halsey Slams Quavo, Calls Iggy Azalea a 'F**king Moron'
- Choa Announces She's Leaving AOA, Insists It's Not Because She's Pregnant
- Will Jared Leto Reprise The Joker Role for Harley Quinn Spin-Off?
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Posts Lowest Opening in the Franchise
- Ashton Kutcher Claims He Had Hooking Up Agreement With Mila Kunis
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?