Van Halen Debut New Song 'She's the Woman' at First 2012 Reunion Concert
The members of Van Halen have kicked off their 2012 reunion by rocking the famed Cafe Wha? in New York's West Village. They delighted the crowd by showcasing a new song called "She's the Woman", and got more approval when launching into fans' favorite like "Running With the Devil", "Everybody Wants Some", "Panama" and "Hot for Teacher".
The line-up that night was Eddie Van Halen and Alex Van Halen on the guitar and drum respectively. David Lee Roth was on the mic, while Eddie's son, Wolfgang Van Halen, filled in the spot left by original bassist, Michael Anthony, who currently plays in band Chickenfoot with another ex-member of the Van Halen, Sammy Hagar.
"Welcome to Occupy Van Halen, ladies and gentlemen," Roth greeted the concertgoers. Channeling his inner youth in a newsboy cap and overalls, he explained the sentimental value of the Cafe Wha? where his uncle Manny once played a host for a young musician "named Bobby Zimmerman" (Bob Dylan). He said he attended the club for the first time on his 7th birthday.
"This is a temple," he said. "I'm more nervous about this gig than I would ever be at (Madison Square Garden)." Despite what he said, he and his bandmates gave off confident vibes that Thursday night, January 5. They kicked it off in high spirits and ended it without any less enthusiasm. They sent the fans home with a "fake encore" in a form of "Jump!".
The band will release a new album, "A Different Kind of Truth", in the United States on February 7. Its artwork was recently revealed in a giant LED billboard standing high above the Times Square. It boasts an image of a train from New York Central System, one of the U.S. largest railroads which served most of the Northeast during the 1800s.
A North American tour will follow on February 18 with tickets going on sale starting January 10. This upcoming gig will mark the band's first reunion with Roth since their 2008 short-lived reunion. Meanwhile, the album will be their first-ever studio release with the original lead singer since their "1984" CD.
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon
- Frank Ocean Releases Another New Catchy Song 'Lens'
- Kylie Jenner Forced to Leave Las Vegas Event by Anti-Fur Protestors
- Awkward Reunion! Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom Say a Quick Hello at Pal's Birthday
- Scott Disick Caught Bringing a 'Tramp' to His Hotel Room in 'KUWTK' Preview
- Gigi Hadid's Super Sweet Birthday Picture With Zayn Malik Will Make You Jealous