Khloe Kardashian Helps to Raise Thousands of Dollars to Save Tigers
Just days into the New Year, Khloe Kardashian has got herself some credit for a good cause. The "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star encouraged her 5.6 million Twitter followers to help save endangered tigers on January 1. Two days afterward, World Wildlife Fund (WWF) revealed that they have a surge in donations to its Texting for Tigers program.
"In the past couple of days, we've had over 600 people text for tigers [at $10 a text], which is fantastic and more than usual," a spokeswoman for the WWF told E! News. "That equals over $6,000! The money donated goes to science and research on the ground in regions of the world where tigers live, so that we may better understand how to protect them and to help develop and protect their habitats."
"Also, WWF has seen in recent years an uptick in poaching, which has affected tiger populations. As a result, money we see from these donations will support on-the-ground anti-poaching efforts as well," added the rep before noting the significance of celebrity support in their awareness campaigns. "Celebrities can reach millions of people who are near and dear to our cause of saving wild tigers."
On New Year's day, Khloe tweeted, "By texting TIGERS to 20222, your $10 donation will help WWF save the tiger in its vast range - from India to China, to the Russian Far East." Hours later, the younger sister of Kim Kardashian, who also plans to adopt an Amur Leopard, wrote, "Awww I hope we all are saving a lot of wild life!!!! I see a lot of you guys tweeting that you have sent the text! Yay for animals!!!"
More Khloe Kardashian News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off