Concert Promoter Kidnapped After Nas Missed New Year's Eve Gig
Nas landed in hot water for failing to show up at a recent concert arranged to celebrate New Year's Eve in Angola. The American rapper's no-show reportedly caused a promoter for the gig, AllGood Entertainment CEO Patrick Allocco, to get kidnapped and held at gunpoint.
A rep for the company told TMZ that Allocco was abducted along with his son. They were taken by some hired people working for a local "concert impresario" named Henrique "Riquhino" Miguel who had invested a huge sum of money for the failed NYE show.
Rumor has it, Riquhino paid Nas and his opening act, Jemiah Jai, around $315k to perform at two concerts. He was angry upon learning that the rapper couldn't make it, so he sent his people to capture Allocco and refused to let him go until they settled the money issue.
Allocco and his son allegedly were held for nearly seven hours, until the local U.S. Embassy intervened and freed them. After the kidnapping, the promoter reportedly stayed "in residence" at a local hotel while trying to resolve the money situation with Riquhino.
In a statement issued after the abduction, Allocco said, "The hope is that Nas and Jemiah Jai will return all of the monies (sic) that were wired to them immediately so that our ransom may be paid and our safe return to the United States may be facilitated."
Nas himself hasn't issued any statement regarding the matter. According to reports, the "Hip Hop Is Dead" rapper was not able to make live performances at the scheduled concert because he failed to board his flight from the U.S. in time.
More Nas News
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI