Family Prompts David Beckham to Stay With L.A. Galaxy
Family became the main reason why David Beckham kisses Paris goodbye. The soccer ace has turned down an offer to play at French club Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) in favor of his current team Los Angeles Galaxy (LAG).
The 36-year-old sportsman has been negotiating with the PSG people for weeks but ultimately, he did not want to move his family out of United States. "David Beckham is not coming," PSG President Nasser al-Khelaifi confirmed. "We feel a little disappointed. But both sides agreed it would be better that we not do the deal ...maybe in the future."
Beckham and wife Victoria Adams welcomed a baby girl in July. They are also parents to three boys aged between 6 to 12. Beckham will now negotiate a new contract with LAG which previously had him under a five-year contract worth $6.5 million per annum.
More David Beckham News
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2