Elton John Eyes Justin Timberlake to Portray Him in 'Rocketman'
Elton John has set his eyes on Justin Timberlake to play him in his biopic "Rocketman". In an interview with Los Angeles Times, the English veteran musician confessed that the "In Time" actor is his "number one" choice to tackle the lead role in the film.
"I've got a wish list of people," the 64-year-old singer revealed. "No. 1 on my list is Justin Timberlake, because he played me before in a David LaChapelle video of 'Rocket Man' and was superb."
As for the progress of the biopic itself, Elton shared, "That's very much in the works. We're making an announcement about that very, very soon." He added, "We have a director on board, and then it's just going to be a matter of getting the script exactly the way we want it. Lee Hall has written a script, he wrote 'Billy Elliot', and then we'll start trying to cast and plan."
Revealing how the biopic would be like, Elton said, "That would be a jukebox musical in earnest, maybe with a couple of new songs. You never know. Because it's going to be a surreal look at my life, and not just a factual look at my life, more in the manner of a 'Moulin Rouge'!"
"I just don't want it to be a normal biopic because my life hasn't been like that," the singer who won six Grammy awards continued. "And it only goes up to when I go into rehab in 1990. It starts with me going into rehab and ends when I come out."
On who would direct the upcoming movie, the "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" hitmaker explained, "We tried to get Baz [Luhrmann], but Baz is so busy. We can't announce it yet, but we have got someone on board that we're very excited about."
Back in September 2011, it was announced that Elton would serve as the executive producer for "Rocketman". The biopic has been planned as a musical which features Elton's hits. The movie will reunite the singer with screenwriter Lee Hall since they last collaborated in 2000's "Billy Elliot", which stars Jamie Bell.
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern