'Bridesmaids' Actor Chris O'Dowd to Tie the Knot With Dawn Porter
One of the "Bridesmaids" stars is going to get married. Chris O'Dowd, the actor playing Officer Nathan Rhodes in the comedy film, announced through his Twitter account on Thursday, December 29, that he has gotten engaged to British television personality Dawn Porter.
"I'm so bored of all this happiness and sex. I'm getting married. #engaged," so the 32-year-old actor informed his nearly 85,000 followers on the micro-blogging site. His new fiancee also made similar announcement on the same day by writing, "I guess he liked it, coz he put a ring on it #engaged."
According to PEOPLE, the actor known as Roy Trenneman on British sitcom "The IT Crowd" popped the question the day after Christmas. The couple was at the time vacationing on an island in the English Channel, Guernsey.
Receiving many congratulatory messages afterward, the couple made use of their Twitter to express their gratitude. O'Dowd wrote, "Aw, thanks for all the congrats guys. Feelin the twitter love today. Very happy & lucky boy," while Porter tweeted, "All your congratulations tweets are getting me VERY excited. Thanks guys, so glad you can all make it to the wedding."
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album