Report: Amber Portwood Set to Quit 'Teen Mom'
Amber Portwood may leave "Teen Mom" which has made her famous. According to reports, the mother of one admitted during her court hearing on Thursday, December 22 that she felt pressured and exploited through her work with MTV. "I want to quit, and I will," 21-year-old Portwood allegedly said. Her attorney Evan Broderick additionally claimed that the reality star wants to live a normal life.
Portwood was arrested on Monday, December 19 after violating her probation terms stemming from a felony domestic battery in 2010 during which she was caught on camera hitting, kicking and punching her daughter's father Gary Shirley. On Thursday, she was also charged with Class D felony possession of a controlled substance.
The "Teen Mom" star, who recently announced that she had been diagnosed with bi-polar and dissociative disorder, was ordered to stay behind bars until her next hearing on January 27, 2012. Words are, she dropped her head into her hands and rubbed her eyes upon receiving the judge's ruling.
More Teen Mom News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'