Kelly Clarkson Gets Blake Shelton's Support Over Backlash for Endorsing Ron Paul
Kelly Clarkson finds support from fellow musician as she deals with the backlash she received after voicing her support for Ron Paul. Just hours after the inaugural winner of "American Idol" posted a longer response to the haters on her WhoSay account, Blake Shelton sent her some supportive words.
"@kelly_clarkson I love you!!!! I'll listen to your view points anytime," so wrote "The Voice" judge on Twitter on Thursday, December 29. He went on to add in the same tweet, "And I really wouldn't mind throat punching someone for you either!!" Clarkson simply wrote in reply, "@blakeshelton thanks :)"
Clarkson landed on hot water on Wednesday night after she made comment on WhoSay that endorsed Paul in the 2012 Republican presidential race. "I love Ron Paul," she wrote at the time. "I liked him a lot during the last republican nomination and no one gave him a chance. If he wins the nomination for the Republican party in 2012 he's got my vote. Too bad he probably won't."
She was quick met with angry responses from her followers, leading her to offer some clarification. "I am really sorry if I have offended anyone," she stated. "Obviously that was not my intent. I do not support racism. I support gay rights, straight rights, women's rights, men's rights, white/black/purple/orange rights."
The "My Life Would Suck Without You" hitmaker continued on, "I like Ron Paul because he believes in less government and letting the people (all of us) make the decisions and mold our country. That is all. Out of all of the Republican nominees, he's my favorite."
When that didn't stop her from being attacked, Clarkson posted a longer note. "Man my eyes have been opened to so much hate tonight," she began. "If y'all ever disagree with something I say please don't feel the need to attack me. I will listen to what you say and any articles or viewpoints you have when you say it with respect."
"Being hateful is not a healthy way to get people to see or hear you. I was raised to respect people and their decisions and beliefs and I hope you will grant me the same decency. If you don't agree with me simply unfollow me. It's really that easy. I hope you don't because I would love the chance to hear what you have to say but if you're so blinded by hate you can't seek peace and progress then that is your unfortunate prerogative."
More Kelly Clarkson News
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway