'Hunger Games' Beats 'Breaking Dawn 2' in 2012 Most Anticipated Movie Poll
"The Hunger Games" is the most anticipated movie in 2012, according to a poll conducted by MTV's NextMovie.com. The Jennifer Lawrence-starring action thriller comes atop the list with 51% of the total vote, followed by "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" which gets 45% of the vote.
Other movie adaptations, "The Avengers", "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey", "The Dark Knight Rises" and "The Amazing Spider-Man", are also named as films which people are looking forward to next year. Together, they garner a combined 4% of the vote.
Another "Twilight" installment, "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I", falls short of being named the best movie of 2011. Earning 48% of the vote, the fourth installment of the vampire film franchise comes second after "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" which is chosen by 52% of the total voters.
"Hunger Games" follows the heroine Katniss Everdeen who replaces her sister Prim in a live-televised annual brutal game in the state of Panem. This Gary Ross-directed film will head into theaters across the nation on March 23, 2012.
As for "Breaking Dawn Part II", it sees a perilous chain of events that pits the Cullens and their allies against the Volturi following the arrival of Bella and Edward's daughter, Renesmee. This romance thriller will open wide in the U.S. cinemas on November 16, 2012.
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think