'Hunger Games' Beats 'Breaking Dawn 2' in 2012 Most Anticipated Movie Poll
"The Hunger Games" is the most anticipated movie in 2012, according to a poll conducted by MTV's NextMovie.com. The Jennifer Lawrence-starring action thriller comes atop the list with 51% of the total vote, followed by "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" which gets 45% of the vote.
Other movie adaptations, "The Avengers", "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey", "The Dark Knight Rises" and "The Amazing Spider-Man", are also named as films which people are looking forward to next year. Together, they garner a combined 4% of the vote.
Another "Twilight" installment, "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I", falls short of being named the best movie of 2011. Earning 48% of the vote, the fourth installment of the vampire film franchise comes second after "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" which is chosen by 52% of the total voters.
"Hunger Games" follows the heroine Katniss Everdeen who replaces her sister Prim in a live-televised annual brutal game in the state of Panem. This Gary Ross-directed film will head into theaters across the nation on March 23, 2012.
As for "Breaking Dawn Part II", it sees a perilous chain of events that pits the Cullens and their allies against the Volturi following the arrival of Bella and Edward's daughter, Renesmee. This romance thriller will open wide in the U.S. cinemas on November 16, 2012.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage