'Hunger Games' Beats 'Breaking Dawn 2' in 2012 Most Anticipated Movie Poll
"The Hunger Games" is the most anticipated movie in 2012, according to a poll conducted by MTV's NextMovie.com. The Jennifer Lawrence-starring action thriller comes atop the list with 51% of the total vote, followed by "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" which gets 45% of the vote.
Other movie adaptations, "The Avengers", "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey", "The Dark Knight Rises" and "The Amazing Spider-Man", are also named as films which people are looking forward to next year. Together, they garner a combined 4% of the vote.
Another "Twilight" installment, "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I", falls short of being named the best movie of 2011. Earning 48% of the vote, the fourth installment of the vampire film franchise comes second after "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" which is chosen by 52% of the total voters.
"Hunger Games" follows the heroine Katniss Everdeen who replaces her sister Prim in a live-televised annual brutal game in the state of Panem. This Gary Ross-directed film will head into theaters across the nation on March 23, 2012.
As for "Breaking Dawn Part II", it sees a perilous chain of events that pits the Cullens and their allies against the Volturi following the arrival of Bella and Edward's daughter, Renesmee. This romance thriller will open wide in the U.S. cinemas on November 16, 2012.
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'