Video: Drake Does Impromptu 'What's My Name' Performance With a Fan
Drake surprised a female fan of his at Saddle Ranch on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles on Tuesday night, December 27. The Canadian rapper helped the fan, named Dalal aka "Dee", perform Rihanna's single "What's My Name?". He got up to the mini stage of the karaoke bar and did the rapping, while she tackled the singing part.
The girl told E! News that she was having dinner with a friend at another place when another pal of hers, who worked as a DJ at the bar that night, texted that someone famous was there and that she should come by. "When I showed up I asked Jay who the celebrity was and he said he was not sure, and that I should go find out. I had no clue it was Drake," she said.
When it's a karaoke time, Dee chose the Drizzy-assisted single over Riri's solo song "Only Girl (In the World)". She recalled, "I said, 'Stop the song! Does anyone here know how to do the Drake part of 'What's My Name?' ' So I was like, anyone? Anyone? Hello? And decided to just sing it by myself and then boom! Drake jumps up with his bodyguard behind him and was like, 'Wait, I thought I was going to do the song with you'."
Her reaction to the rapper's offer for a duet? "I was like, 'Oh my god, Drake!'," she gushed. "I just got lost in the moment and thought, 'Whatever happens I don't care.' It was a total Hollywood moment." They ended the impromptu collaboration by sharing a friendly hug. "I thanked him for singing with me and told him that it made my day," she said.
Dee posted a video from the karaoke session on YouTube on the next day. The girl, who is an international student from Kuwait, put on additional note which claimed that she's starstruck by the "Marvin's Room" crooner during the performance. "Excuse my voice but I was kinda nervous," so she explained.
More Drake News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars