Clues to 'Star Trek' Sequel Featured in Ongoing Comics
Details of "Star Trek" sequel are still scarce, but those reading the ongoing comics might get some tidbits of what to expect from the upcoming movie installment. Mike Johnson, writer of the "Star Trek" comics, has revealed that he and "Star Trek" co-scribe Roberto Orci have placed hints about the plotline of the next film in the comics.
"One of the great things about working with Bob [Orci] is that we are able to use the ongoing series to very subtly lay in clues to the next movie," Johnson gushed in the latest issue of Star Trek magazine. He additionally teased, "There might even be a tiny hint of a subplot in the first issue."
In a separate interview, Johnson revealed to TrekMovie that the fourth issue of the comics, which has been published on December 28, includes some "thematic foreshadowing". He added there will be more clues as it gets closer to the arrival of the untitled Star Trek sequel, but they will "not be like the Da Vinci Code."
"When you see the movie you will be able to look back to the comics and say, 'oh I see what they did there'," Johnson claimed.
"Star Trek 2" is currently scheduled to come out in the U.S. on May 17, 2013. Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Zoe Saldana are some of the original cast members who will return to the sequel. Meanwhile, Edgar Ramirez has been said to be the top pick to tackle the villain after Benicio Del Toro reportedly dropped out of the talks to star in the movie.
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels