Clues to 'Star Trek' Sequel Featured in Ongoing Comics
Details of "Star Trek" sequel are still scarce, but those reading the ongoing comics might get some tidbits of what to expect from the upcoming movie installment. Mike Johnson, writer of the "Star Trek" comics, has revealed that he and "Star Trek" co-scribe Roberto Orci have placed hints about the plotline of the next film in the comics.
"One of the great things about working with Bob [Orci] is that we are able to use the ongoing series to very subtly lay in clues to the next movie," Johnson gushed in the latest issue of Star Trek magazine. He additionally teased, "There might even be a tiny hint of a subplot in the first issue."
In a separate interview, Johnson revealed to TrekMovie that the fourth issue of the comics, which has been published on December 28, includes some "thematic foreshadowing". He added there will be more clues as it gets closer to the arrival of the untitled Star Trek sequel, but they will "not be like the Da Vinci Code."
"When you see the movie you will be able to look back to the comics and say, 'oh I see what they did there'," Johnson claimed.
"Star Trek 2" is currently scheduled to come out in the U.S. on May 17, 2013. Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Zoe Saldana are some of the original cast members who will return to the sequel. Meanwhile, Edgar Ramirez has been said to be the top pick to tackle the villain after Benicio Del Toro reportedly dropped out of the talks to star in the movie.
- Comic-Con: Netflix Renews 'Iron Fist for' Season 2
- Bella Thorne Hilariously 'Recreates' Fake Masturbating Video
- Linkin Park Cancels Tour in the Wake of Chester Bennington's Tragic Death
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child