Michael Buble Stays at No. 1 on Hot 200, Young Jeezy Debuts at No. 3
Michael Buble is unstoppable on Billboard Hot 200. The Canadian pop/jazz continues his reign by staying strong at the first position of the U.S. album list, marking his fifth consecutive week at the penthouse the chart. He holds the position firmly by selling additional 467,000 copies (up 4%) with his latest "Christmas" album.
The highest chart debut this week comes in at No. 3, and it belongs to Young Jeezy's "Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition". The rapper enters the weekly rundown by selling 233,000 copies of the album. It gives him his fourth-straight top-5 set, yet becomes his lowest chart debut. He previously landed at No. 2 with his first CD, and took No. 1 with his two next efforts.
At the runner-up place this week, Adele forces The Black Keys to give up the spot by moving 399,000 units with "21" (up 44%). As the British popstar climbs up the ladder, the indie rock duo have to fall down seven spots to the ninth place. After bowing high with 206,000 copies, the band's "El Camino" only adds another 92,000 in its second week.
There is not much change in the rest of the chart this week. Justin Bieber remains No. 4, Drake rises two spots to No. 5, and Lady Antebellum fall one step to No. 6 pushing Nickelback to drop to No. 8. Making a return after getting kicked out of the list are Rihanna and "Now" compilation. The former sits at No. 7, and the latter comes back at No. 10.
To recap this week's end, Adele is still the top contender as an artist with the biggest-selling album of 2011 by garnering a total of 5.68 million so far. She becomes the first musician to ever pass 5 million mark in a year of sales since Usher pulled in 7.9 million copies with 2004's "Confessions".
Trailing behind her with around half of her total sales is Buble (2.43 million). Just a week ago, the "I Haven't Met You Yet" hitmaker had the third-best selling album of the year. Back then, he's placed behind Lady GaGa ("Born This Way" - 2.03 million).
- "Christmas" - Michael Buble (467,000)
- "21" - Adele (399,000)
- "Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition" - Young Jeezy (233,000)
- "Under the Mistletoe" - Justin Bieber (225,000)
- "Take Care" - Drake (131,000)
- "Own the Night" - Lady Antebellum (110,000)
- "Talk That Talk" - Rihanna (99,000)
- "Here and Now" - Nickelback (99,000)
- "El Camino" - The Black Keys (92,000)
- "Now 40" Compilation - Various Artist (88,000)
More Michael Buble News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal