Giuliana Rancic Back at Work Two Weeks After Undergoing Double Mastectomy
Giuliana Rancic is not letting her battle against breast cancer slow her down. On Tuesday, December 27, just two weeks after undergoing a successful double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery, the TV personality was already back on the set of E! News to resume her hosting duties.
Donning a floral Seventies-style mini-dress, the 37-year-old thanked fans for their supports. "It is so good to be back two weeks after my surgery," she said. "Thank you so much for your love, support and prayers." She then went ahead to deliver stories, which included Matthew McConaughey's engagement to Camila Alves.
The star of "Giuliana and Bill" also expressed her excitement to be able to return to her post in a statement she released via the network's website. "It feels great to be back at work," she said. "I wasn't sure whether I was going to return to E! News this week or after the new year. The last thing I wanted to do was rush my recovery."
"Thankfully, I've been feeling better every single day since surgery and this weekend my doctors gave me the green light to get back to work," she continued. "Even though I moved a tad slower than usual today, everyone welcomed me back with open arms and it was a wonderful homecoming."
Earlier the same day, Giuliana tweeted, "Back at work today since surgery. Excited to be on set of @ENews. I've missed my 2nd family (co-workers and you guys!!!) #thankful." Sharing the same excitement was E!'s chief news correspondent Ken Baker, who wrote on his Twitter, "Gosh, what a nice holiday present coming back to work today on @ENews set with her royal awesomeness @GiulianaRancic."
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio