Lady GaGa to Help Japan Ring In New Year's Eve on 'Red and White'
On the night of December 31, Lady GaGa will celebrate the New Year not only with her Little Monsters in the States but also with those who live in Japan. As part of "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin Eve with Ryan Seacrest" live TV link-up, the Mother Monster is set to appear on NHK's spectacular "Kohaku Uta Gassen".
Having an average 37.4% in viewership from last year's broadcast, the Japanese show, which celebrates its 62nd anniversary this year, traditionally airs as a four-hour plus year-end music extravaganza special. Also known as the "Red and White Singing Contest", it will split domestic musical acts into two groups. The women (red) are pitted against the men (white).
Lady GaGa has been an avid supporter for Japan since its triple disasters of earthquake, tsunami and nuclear accident last March. She raised fund to help the victims through her "We Pray for Japan" bracelets. Being one of the few artists who did not cancel her concerts in the country, she additionally helped spread message to the world that the country is still safe to visit.
She recently earned praise from U.S. Ambassador to Japan, John V. Roos. "I had breakfast with some U.S.-Japan think-tank experts who said to me, Mr. Ambassador, what can we do in order to strengthen the strategic, economic and people-to-people relations between Japan and the United States?" he said as quoted by Forbes. "And I had one answer. Lady GaGa."
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture