Lady GaGa to Help Japan Ring In New Year's Eve on 'Red and White'
On the night of December 31, Lady GaGa will celebrate the New Year not only with her Little Monsters in the States but also with those who live in Japan. As part of "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin Eve with Ryan Seacrest" live TV link-up, the Mother Monster is set to appear on NHK's spectacular "Kohaku Uta Gassen".
Having an average 37.4% in viewership from last year's broadcast, the Japanese show, which celebrates its 62nd anniversary this year, traditionally airs as a four-hour plus year-end music extravaganza special. Also known as the "Red and White Singing Contest", it will split domestic musical acts into two groups. The women (red) are pitted against the men (white).
Lady GaGa has been an avid supporter for Japan since its triple disasters of earthquake, tsunami and nuclear accident last March. She raised fund to help the victims through her "We Pray for Japan" bracelets. Being one of the few artists who did not cancel her concerts in the country, she additionally helped spread message to the world that the country is still safe to visit.
She recently earned praise from U.S. Ambassador to Japan, John V. Roos. "I had breakfast with some U.S.-Japan think-tank experts who said to me, Mr. Ambassador, what can we do in order to strengthen the strategic, economic and people-to-people relations between Japan and the United States?" he said as quoted by Forbes. "And I had one answer. Lady GaGa."
More Lady GaGa News
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App