Avril Lavigne Works With New People to Explore Her Sound in Next Album
It's less than a year since Avril Lavigne dropped her latest studio album "Goodbye Lullaby", but already she has mulled over ideas about what she's going to do next in its follow-up project. In a recent interview with MTV, she revealed her desire to start fresh by teaming up with people she hasn't worked with.
"In my new record coming up, I think I want to start off by working with people I've never worked with before because that's hard to do," the Canadian pop/rock punk singer stated. "When you don't know someone you have to go in and you write together and you're recording, you never know, you have to vibe together."
The 27-year-old, who worked with Butch Walker, Max Martin, Shellback, Rob Cavallo and Dr. Luke in her previous records, has snagged The Runners to be on her team for the upcoming fifth studio album. Talking about their chemistry in the studio so far, she gushed, "We had a lot of fun together, so that's going good so far."
Teasing the direction she's going to take, the ex-wife of Sum 41's vocalist Deryck Whibley said she explores more than one. "I'm trying to go for both sides. I love to rock out. I love to be crazy and have fun and have a more rock and roll aggressive side to me. But I also have a softer side and I wanted it also to be about my vocals," she explained.
For the artist who currently dates Brody Jenner, the most important thing, however, is to always have a good time while working. "When you are having a good time making a record that always comes across in music," she said. "The energy's good so things flow better and that's what I'm excited about."
More Avril Lavigne News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding