Avril Lavigne Works With New People to Explore Her Sound in Next Album
It's less than a year since Avril Lavigne dropped her latest studio album "Goodbye Lullaby", but already she has mulled over ideas about what she's going to do next in its follow-up project. In a recent interview with MTV, she revealed her desire to start fresh by teaming up with people she hasn't worked with.
"In my new record coming up, I think I want to start off by working with people I've never worked with before because that's hard to do," the Canadian pop/rock punk singer stated. "When you don't know someone you have to go in and you write together and you're recording, you never know, you have to vibe together."
The 27-year-old, who worked with Butch Walker, Max Martin, Shellback, Rob Cavallo and Dr. Luke in her previous records, has snagged The Runners to be on her team for the upcoming fifth studio album. Talking about their chemistry in the studio so far, she gushed, "We had a lot of fun together, so that's going good so far."
Teasing the direction she's going to take, the ex-wife of Sum 41's vocalist Deryck Whibley said she explores more than one. "I'm trying to go for both sides. I love to rock out. I love to be crazy and have fun and have a more rock and roll aggressive side to me. But I also have a softer side and I wanted it also to be about my vocals," she explained.
For the artist who currently dates Brody Jenner, the most important thing, however, is to always have a good time while working. "When you are having a good time making a record that always comes across in music," she said. "The energy's good so things flow better and that's what I'm excited about."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences