Former 'SNL' Writer Dies in Apparent Suicide Days After Posting Eerie Blog
A former "Saturday Night Live" writer is believed to have committed suicide. Joe Bodolai, who wrote on 20 episodes for the sketch show in the '80s, was found dead in Re-Tan Hotel's room in Hollywood on Monday, December 26. Los Angeles County Chief Coroner Craig Harvey said that his body was discovered at 1:30 P.M. by room service staff.
News of Bodolai's death came just a few days after he posted a gloomy message on Facebook. On December 23, he wrote, "I'm alone this year and am volunteering serving Christmas dinner to the homeless. Perhaps I will be one, but I love all of you and if I make it to next year let's make it a morally, spiritually, better and funnier year."
The 63-year-old later took to his blog to post what seemed to be his goodbye note. Titled "If This Were Your Last Day Alive What Would You Do?", his lengthy blog post listed "Things I think will happen next year", "Stuff I would like to have seen in my life", "Things I Regret" and "Things I am Proud Of".
Among Bodolai's personal failures was his "inability" to conquer his alcoholism. He also noted that he is "no longer able to withstand any more of life's pain" and expressed regret for "the pain I have caused and am now causing my sons and the love of my life, my ex-wife Bianca, my love and connection with her is infinite."
As for his accomplishments, Bodolai listed his two sons, his time as an "SNL" staff writer and his work in "writing the first draft of 'Wayne's World' with Mike Myers." He ended his lengthy post by writing, "May you all have the happy lives you deserve. Thank you all for being in my life."
Bodolai's death was first reported by TMZ. On Tuesday, December 27, Chief Coroner Harvey revealed that a mixture of Gatorade and antifreeze was found in the writer's hotel room. He also noted that Bodolai checked into the hotel on December 19. Police Cmdr. Andrew Smith added there was no suicide note.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign