Heavy D Died of Blood Clot in Lung, Full Autopsy Report Shows
The cause of Heavy D's death has finally been unraveled. Earlier reports suggested that the 44-year-old rapper was battling pneumonia at time of his sudden passing, but Los Angeles County Coroner's Office came out with the full autopsy report on Tuesday, December 27 morning, revealing that he died of a blood clot in his lung.
Chief of the Los Angeles County's coroner Craig Harvey uncovered that Heavy suffered from a deep vein thrombosis that resulted in the pulmonary embolism, a blockage of arteries in the lungs because of blood clots. In the "Now That We Found Love" MC's case, his blood clots were likely formed during his flight back to Los Angeles from London.
Medical examiners also concluded that heart disease might be another contributing factor to Heavy's death, which manner is ruled as "natural". The coroner also took note that the toxicology tests showed that the cough syrup the rapper taken to treat symptoms related to pneumonia was not a factor.
Heavy, whose real name is Dwight Arrington Myers, died at Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on November 8. A 911 call was made at 11:25 A.M. PT after the rapper fell unconscious on the walkway of his home. When paramedics arrived, he was conscious and able to communicate though experiencing trouble breathing. He was pronounced dead around an hour later.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'