Heavy D Died of Blood Clot in Lung, Full Autopsy Report Shows
The cause of Heavy D's death has finally been unraveled. Earlier reports suggested that the 44-year-old rapper was battling pneumonia at time of his sudden passing, but Los Angeles County Coroner's Office came out with the full autopsy report on Tuesday, December 27 morning, revealing that he died of a blood clot in his lung.
Chief of the Los Angeles County's coroner Craig Harvey uncovered that Heavy suffered from a deep vein thrombosis that resulted in the pulmonary embolism, a blockage of arteries in the lungs because of blood clots. In the "Now That We Found Love" MC's case, his blood clots were likely formed during his flight back to Los Angeles from London.
Medical examiners also concluded that heart disease might be another contributing factor to Heavy's death, which manner is ruled as "natural". The coroner also took note that the toxicology tests showed that the cough syrup the rapper taken to treat symptoms related to pneumonia was not a factor.
Heavy, whose real name is Dwight Arrington Myers, died at Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on November 8. A 911 call was made at 11:25 A.M. PT after the rapper fell unconscious on the walkway of his home. When paramedics arrived, he was conscious and able to communicate though experiencing trouble breathing. He was pronounced dead around an hour later.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie