Heavy D Died of Blood Clot in Lung, Full Autopsy Report Shows
The cause of Heavy D's death has finally been unraveled. Earlier reports suggested that the 44-year-old rapper was battling pneumonia at time of his sudden passing, but Los Angeles County Coroner's Office came out with the full autopsy report on Tuesday, December 27 morning, revealing that he died of a blood clot in his lung.
Chief of the Los Angeles County's coroner Craig Harvey uncovered that Heavy suffered from a deep vein thrombosis that resulted in the pulmonary embolism, a blockage of arteries in the lungs because of blood clots. In the "Now That We Found Love" MC's case, his blood clots were likely formed during his flight back to Los Angeles from London.
Medical examiners also concluded that heart disease might be another contributing factor to Heavy's death, which manner is ruled as "natural". The coroner also took note that the toxicology tests showed that the cough syrup the rapper taken to treat symptoms related to pneumonia was not a factor.
Heavy, whose real name is Dwight Arrington Myers, died at Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on November 8. A 911 call was made at 11:25 A.M. PT after the rapper fell unconscious on the walkway of his home. When paramedics arrived, he was conscious and able to communicate though experiencing trouble breathing. He was pronounced dead around an hour later.
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant