Video Premiere: Blink-182's 'After Midnight'
Blink-182 have debuted a dark music video in support of their latest single "After Midnight". The clip features the pop punk band playing the song in what looks like an airplane hangar, while footage of a young couple spending their days in a psych ward is flashed on the screen intercepting the performance scene.
"After Midnight" is taken from the band's comeback album "Neighborhoods" which debuted at No. 2 when coming out in September this year. Its music video was filmed in Tustin, California with Isaac Rentz serving behind the lens.
"We went through probably 30 different treatments for this video, and a lot of them were great, and a lot of them weren't so great but Isaac stuck out as a really cool idea," Mark Hoppus once explained to MTV News about the creative process of shooting the clip.
The bassist and vocalist explained further, "We wanted it to be something different than just a bunch of people having fun and having a party; we wanted it to be a little darker, a little more troubled, and Isaac's treatment did that."
He added, "The song itself is about troubled love, it's about damaged people who fall in love," he said, "and the video takes place in a psychiatric ward, and this guy and this girl escape from their rooms and have a night of romance and passion and fun and wild existence ..."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics