'Rizzoli and Isles' Boss Talks the 'Big Rift' That Puts the Duo at Odds
"Rizzoli & Isles" season 2 ended with a cliffhanger that leaves fans wondering about Jane and Maura's relationship. Talking about the scene which sees the former [SPOILER ALERT!] shooting the latter's estranged father and FBI's most wanted, Paddy Doyle, executive producer Janet Tamaro admits that she "wanted to leave them at odds with each other."
While Jane and Maura's dynamic helps solve the cases on the crime series, their partnership is now tested with the latest incident in the season finale. Claiming that it won't be easy for the two girls, Janet says that Jane and Maura still "have to work together" in the upcoming season.
"I don't think their friendship is beyond repair, but it will take a bit to get back there, if they can," she gushes. "They're almost starting over in a way. A lot of people are curious about how they met and we may get into that."
Asked if Maura will forgive Jane for what her friend did to her father, Janet dishes, "It's a big rift. No matter how Maura tries to look at it, all she can see is Jane pulling the trigger and her father falling." She adds on Maura's reaction, "Maura processes things in a logical manner and that was just pure emotion that I think we can all relate to. I don't know that we've seen that kind of fierce, raw emotion from Maura before."
Meanwhile, Jane is said to react to the situation in an unexpected way. "I think we all think we know what Jane Rizzoli will do, but it's more interesting if she doesn't. She even surprises herself with her response. I think she feels more shock and upset than guilt at what's implicit: the loss of that close friendship," she dishes on Angie Harmon's character.
On whether or not Paddy survives after falling off a sky-high ledge, Janet teases, "When I was doing my research about how how big a fall that off a sky-high ledge, let's just say it's touch and go." She goes on sharing, "I think there's more life to Paddy Doyle, but he could survive and then die. I [have decided] what I'm going to do."
"Rizzoli & Isles" has been renewed for a third season that will premiere sometime in summer 2012 on TNT.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour