Jessie J Will Explore Her Pain in Second Studio Album
Jessie J has revealed the direction she's going to take in her upcoming second studio album. Talking to the Daily Star about the vision she has for the sophomore set, the British songwriter-turned-singer gushes, "There'll be a lot more pain in the lyrics on my next album."
Giving a background story as to why she chose to revisit her pain, Jessie explains, "For the seven years before I signed my record deal I was in a bad place and I was scared that I couldn't get out of it." She adds, "That's why I wrote such upbeat music, as a way of trying to escape how I felt."
The 23-year-old musician, who has written songs for Miley Cyrus and Chris Brown, continues, "Now that I am happier, I won't be afraid to explore my pain. But in a good way; it'll be me saying that it's OK not to feel OK. Not every song needs a happy ending."
Jessie takes inspiration from fellow singer Adele. She praises her peer, "She said she's worried everyone thinks she's always going to be this broken-hearted woman because of the songs on '21'. Those songs were just a moment in Adele's life and that's what music should be, a moment in time, an exaggeration of that moment condensed into a three-minute song."
Talking further about the making of the new album, she shares, "I'm writing ideas down in my phone every day for new songs and I want to explore every aspect of music more on the next album, from different styles to my voice to what I sing about to who I get to duet with."
- See Black Lightning in Costume in First Look of The CW's New Series
- Kim Kardashian Channels Kris Jenner for a Sexy Photoshoot - Check Out Her Wild Look!
- 'The Mindy Project' Renewed for Sixth and Final Season on Hulu
- Rob Kardashian 'Fears' Blac Chyna Will Come for Him After Calling Out Tyga
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage