NBC Won on Christmas Night With NFL Game
NBC topped other networks on this year's Christmas Day. The network gained 17.6 million viewers and a 5.5 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic with the airing of NFL game between the Chicago Bears and the Green Bay Packers, which ended with a win for the Packers.
Another sport program helped boost the ratings on ABC. The NBA game, which saw the Chicago Bulls thriumphant over the Los Angeles Lakers, attracted 4.8 million audience and earned a 1.7 rating among adults 18-49. Following the basketball game, the Alphabet aired the 1966 and 2000 versions of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".
Also on Christmas night, CBS ranked the third in terms of ratings (a 0.8 rating, 5.4 million audience) with "60 Minutes" and repeats of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation", "The Good Wife" and "CSI: Miami". FOX, meanwhile, only garnered 1.8 million viewers and a 0.7 rating in the demo with reruns of some animated shows, including "Bob's Burgers", "The Cleveland Show" and "The Simpsons".
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage