NBC Won on Christmas Night With NFL Game
NBC topped other networks on this year's Christmas Day. The network gained 17.6 million viewers and a 5.5 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic with the airing of NFL game between the Chicago Bears and the Green Bay Packers, which ended with a win for the Packers.
Another sport program helped boost the ratings on ABC. The NBA game, which saw the Chicago Bulls thriumphant over the Los Angeles Lakers, attracted 4.8 million audience and earned a 1.7 rating among adults 18-49. Following the basketball game, the Alphabet aired the 1966 and 2000 versions of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".
Also on Christmas night, CBS ranked the third in terms of ratings (a 0.8 rating, 5.4 million audience) with "60 Minutes" and repeats of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation", "The Good Wife" and "CSI: Miami". FOX, meanwhile, only garnered 1.8 million viewers and a 0.7 rating in the demo with reruns of some animated shows, including "Bob's Burgers", "The Cleveland Show" and "The Simpsons".
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two