First Look at Bearded Ben Affleck as CIA Point Man in 'Argo'
How Ben Affleck will look like as a CIA specialist in his directed drama "Argo" has been revealed in a first look picture of the film. Sporting a 70s' look complete with scruffy facial hair, the 39-year-old actor is seen showing a serious expression while examining some government documents.
In the based-on-true-event movie, Affleck plays Tony Mendez, a CIA "exfiltration" specialist who came up with a risky plan to get six U.S. diplomats safely out of Iran. The six Americans were taken hostage by militants during the climax of Iranian revolution in Tehran on November 4, 1979.
"Argo" is the third directorial feature film from Affleck. In addition to serving behind the lens, Affleck produces the drama along with George Clooney, Grant Heslov and David Klawans. Meanwhile, Chris Terrio pens the script, which is based on the 2007 Wired article called "How the CIA Used a Fake Sci-Fi to Rescue Americans From Tehran" by Joshuah Bearman.
Also supporting the movie are Alan Arkin, Kyle Chandler, John Goodman, Bryan Cranston, Scoot McNairy, Tate Donovan, Nelson Franklin, Taylor Schilling and Kerry Bishe. Warner Bros. Pictures will release the film in the U.S. theaters on September 14, 2012.
More Argo News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'