First Look at Bearded Ben Affleck as CIA Point Man in 'Argo'
How Ben Affleck will look like as a CIA specialist in his directed drama "Argo" has been revealed in a first look picture of the film. Sporting a 70s' look complete with scruffy facial hair, the 39-year-old actor is seen showing a serious expression while examining some government documents.
In the based-on-true-event movie, Affleck plays Tony Mendez, a CIA "exfiltration" specialist who came up with a risky plan to get six U.S. diplomats safely out of Iran. The six Americans were taken hostage by militants during the climax of Iranian revolution in Tehran on November 4, 1979.
"Argo" is the third directorial feature film from Affleck. In addition to serving behind the lens, Affleck produces the drama along with George Clooney, Grant Heslov and David Klawans. Meanwhile, Chris Terrio pens the script, which is based on the 2007 Wired article called "How the CIA Used a Fake Sci-Fi to Rescue Americans From Tehran" by Joshuah Bearman.
Also supporting the movie are Alan Arkin, Kyle Chandler, John Goodman, Bryan Cranston, Scoot McNairy, Tate Donovan, Nelson Franklin, Taylor Schilling and Kerry Bishe. Warner Bros. Pictures will release the film in the U.S. theaters on September 14, 2012.
More Argo News
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary