First Look at Bearded Ben Affleck as CIA Point Man in 'Argo'
How Ben Affleck will look like as a CIA specialist in his directed drama "Argo" has been revealed in a first look picture of the film. Sporting a 70s' look complete with scruffy facial hair, the 39-year-old actor is seen showing a serious expression while examining some government documents.
In the based-on-true-event movie, Affleck plays Tony Mendez, a CIA "exfiltration" specialist who came up with a risky plan to get six U.S. diplomats safely out of Iran. The six Americans were taken hostage by militants during the climax of Iranian revolution in Tehran on November 4, 1979.
"Argo" is the third directorial feature film from Affleck. In addition to serving behind the lens, Affleck produces the drama along with George Clooney, Grant Heslov and David Klawans. Meanwhile, Chris Terrio pens the script, which is based on the 2007 Wired article called "How the CIA Used a Fake Sci-Fi to Rescue Americans From Tehran" by Joshuah Bearman.
Also supporting the movie are Alan Arkin, Kyle Chandler, John Goodman, Bryan Cranston, Scoot McNairy, Tate Donovan, Nelson Franklin, Taylor Schilling and Kerry Bishe. Warner Bros. Pictures will release the film in the U.S. theaters on September 14, 2012.
More Argo News
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction
- Winona Ryder Defends Ex Johnny Depp Against Amber Heard's Abuse Allegations
- 'Star Trek Beyond' New Trailer: Captain Kirk Makes His Last Report
- Tyrese Gibson Confirms Return to 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Chris Brown Sued by Suge Knight Over 2014 Club Shooting. What's Breezy's Fault?
- Taylor Swift Tells Her Friends She's 'in Love' With Tom Hiddleston as Couple Enjoy Roman Holiday