First Look at Bearded Ben Affleck as CIA Point Man in 'Argo'
How Ben Affleck will look like as a CIA specialist in his directed drama "Argo" has been revealed in a first look picture of the film. Sporting a 70s' look complete with scruffy facial hair, the 39-year-old actor is seen showing a serious expression while examining some government documents.
In the based-on-true-event movie, Affleck plays Tony Mendez, a CIA "exfiltration" specialist who came up with a risky plan to get six U.S. diplomats safely out of Iran. The six Americans were taken hostage by militants during the climax of Iranian revolution in Tehran on November 4, 1979.
"Argo" is the third directorial feature film from Affleck. In addition to serving behind the lens, Affleck produces the drama along with George Clooney, Grant Heslov and David Klawans. Meanwhile, Chris Terrio pens the script, which is based on the 2007 Wired article called "How the CIA Used a Fake Sci-Fi to Rescue Americans From Tehran" by Joshuah Bearman.
Also supporting the movie are Alan Arkin, Kyle Chandler, John Goodman, Bryan Cranston, Scoot McNairy, Tate Donovan, Nelson Franklin, Taylor Schilling and Kerry Bishe. Warner Bros. Pictures will release the film in the U.S. theaters on September 14, 2012.
More Argo News
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce