Drake Tattooed Aaliyah's Face on His Back
Drake has paid a tribute to late singer Aaliyah, tattooing her face on his back. The rapper went shirtless while playing tennis with friends and it was visible that she had the singer's face as well as a dove flying above her head in ink.
Aaliyah was killed in an airplane crash in August 2001. She has been cited by Drake as a major influence in his music. He wrote a letter on the ninth anniversary of her death. "I've never lost a parent, a friend, or a lover but I will never forget this day for the rest of my life," he began.
"I remember getting the news that you had passed and it connected with my heart like a clean shot from Muhammad Ali. I was crushed. Not only was I one of your biggest fans but I was truly in love with you. I loved the way you carried yourself, the way you dressed, the confidence with which you addressed passion and relationships in your music. I said to myself that even if we never met, I wanted a woman in my life just like you."
Drake also sampled Aaliyah's 1994 song "At Your Best (You Are Love)" in the track "Unforgettable", from his debut album "Thank Me Later".
The tattoo is not yet verified by Drake.
More Drake News
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie