Drake Tattooed Aaliyah's Face on His Back
Drake has paid a tribute to late singer Aaliyah, tattooing her face on his back. The rapper went shirtless while playing tennis with friends and it was visible that she had the singer's face as well as a dove flying above her head in ink.
Aaliyah was killed in an airplane crash in August 2001. She has been cited by Drake as a major influence in his music. He wrote a letter on the ninth anniversary of her death. "I've never lost a parent, a friend, or a lover but I will never forget this day for the rest of my life," he began.
"I remember getting the news that you had passed and it connected with my heart like a clean shot from Muhammad Ali. I was crushed. Not only was I one of your biggest fans but I was truly in love with you. I loved the way you carried yourself, the way you dressed, the confidence with which you addressed passion and relationships in your music. I said to myself that even if we never met, I wanted a woman in my life just like you."
Drake also sampled Aaliyah's 1994 song "At Your Best (You Are Love)" in the track "Unforgettable", from his debut album "Thank Me Later".
The tattoo is not yet verified by Drake.
More Drake News
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March
- Sterling K. Brown May Join Shane Black's 'Predator'