Kate Middleton Wows in Magenta for First Christmas With the Royal Family
Kate Middleton continues to dazzle with her choice of wardrobe. Celebrating her first Christmas as a member of the Royal family, the Duchess of Cambridge kept all eyes on her when she attended the traditional Christmas Day service at Sandringham in King's Lynn, England.
The 29-year-old, who topped Harper's Bazaar's list of Britain's Best Dressed 2011, opted to don a simple knee-length maroon coat designed by an independent British designer. She teamed up the coat with platform shoes from LK Bennett, a Jane Corbett hat and a pair of diamond drop earrings.
When making her way to Sandringham Church, Kate joined her husband, Prince William; his brother, Prince Harry; his father, Prince Charles; and the Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla. Queen Elizabeth's husband Prince Philip, however, missed the service due to his Friday, December 23 emergency surgery for a blocked coronary artery.
It was estimated that about 3,000 people gathered outside the church this year. "I have never seen queues like this on Christmas Day before, I have never seen this amount of people here since Diana was alive. People obviously came to see Kate Middleton. And she was fantastic," veteran royal-watcher Mary Relph said.
Kate and William reportedly spent around 20 minutes greeting well-wishers after the service. Journalist Alison Croose said, "It reminded me of the Diana years - when Diana introduced Prince William to the crowds when he was about seven or eight. It was touching. Diana used to have her hand on his back. Now you see William with his hand on Kate's back. It was really nice."
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'