Kate Middleton Wows in Magenta for First Christmas With the Royal Family
Kate Middleton continues to dazzle with her choice of wardrobe. Celebrating her first Christmas as a member of the Royal family, the Duchess of Cambridge kept all eyes on her when she attended the traditional Christmas Day service at Sandringham in King's Lynn, England.
The 29-year-old, who topped Harper's Bazaar's list of Britain's Best Dressed 2011, opted to don a simple knee-length maroon coat designed by an independent British designer. She teamed up the coat with platform shoes from LK Bennett, a Jane Corbett hat and a pair of diamond drop earrings.
When making her way to Sandringham Church, Kate joined her husband, Prince William; his brother, Prince Harry; his father, Prince Charles; and the Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla. Queen Elizabeth's husband Prince Philip, however, missed the service due to his Friday, December 23 emergency surgery for a blocked coronary artery.
It was estimated that about 3,000 people gathered outside the church this year. "I have never seen queues like this on Christmas Day before, I have never seen this amount of people here since Diana was alive. People obviously came to see Kate Middleton. And she was fantastic," veteran royal-watcher Mary Relph said.
Kate and William reportedly spent around 20 minutes greeting well-wishers after the service. Journalist Alison Croose said, "It reminded me of the Diana years - when Diana introduced Prince William to the crowds when he was about seven or eight. It was touching. Diana used to have her hand on his back. Now you see William with his hand on Kate's back. It was really nice."
More Kate Middleton News
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App