First Official Image of 'Magic Mike' Sees Hunky Strippers Showing Off Guns
Warner Bros. Pictures has released the first official image for Steven Soderbergh's male stripper dramedy "Magic Mike". The fresh photo features Alex Pettyfer, Channing Tatum, Joe Manganiello and Matthew McConaughey. While the first three three show off their guns in sleeveless white shirts and army pants, McConaughey flaunts his ripped abs by going shirtless.
In the movie, Tatum plays Mike Martingano who takes a young dancer called the Kid under his wing and schools him in the fine arts of partying, picking up women and making easy money. Pettyfer tackles the part of the Kid, while Manganiello and McConaughey play Big Dick Richie and the veteran Dallas respectively.
The story is based on Tatum's real life experience as a stripper when he was 19 years old. Back in April, director Soderbegh opened up about what made him decide to helm the film. He told Collider, "When Channing talked to me about this, I thought it was one of the best ideas I've ever heard for a movie. I said I wanted in immediately. It's sexy, funny and shocking. We're using Saturday Night Fever as our model, so hopefully we're on the right track."
To open in the U.S. theaters on June 29, 2012, "Magic Mike" is also supported by Olivia Munn, Matt Bomer, Riley Keough and Cody Horn. Soderbergh will direct the film from a screenplay written by Reid Carolin.
More Magic Mike News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris