First Official Image of 'Magic Mike' Sees Hunky Strippers Showing Off Guns
Warner Bros. Pictures has released the first official image for Steven Soderbergh's male stripper dramedy "Magic Mike". The fresh photo features Alex Pettyfer, Channing Tatum, Joe Manganiello and Matthew McConaughey. While the first three three show off their guns in sleeveless white shirts and army pants, McConaughey flaunts his ripped abs by going shirtless.
In the movie, Tatum plays Mike Martingano who takes a young dancer called the Kid under his wing and schools him in the fine arts of partying, picking up women and making easy money. Pettyfer tackles the part of the Kid, while Manganiello and McConaughey play Big Dick Richie and the veteran Dallas respectively.
The story is based on Tatum's real life experience as a stripper when he was 19 years old. Back in April, director Soderbegh opened up about what made him decide to helm the film. He told Collider, "When Channing talked to me about this, I thought it was one of the best ideas I've ever heard for a movie. I said I wanted in immediately. It's sexy, funny and shocking. We're using Saturday Night Fever as our model, so hopefully we're on the right track."
To open in the U.S. theaters on June 29, 2012, "Magic Mike" is also supported by Olivia Munn, Matt Bomer, Riley Keough and Cody Horn. Soderbergh will direct the film from a screenplay written by Reid Carolin.
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons
- Kris Planning 'Revenge Memoir' About Caitlyn Jenner
- Jenelle Evans 'Devastated' After Losing Custody Battle to Mom Over Son Jace
- Batman Teams Up With a Supervillain in 'Batman and Harley Quinn' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Suffers Another Wardrobe Malfunction in High-Slit Dress at amfAR Gala
- Heidi Klum Gets Completely Naked in New Photography Book