'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Reboot Might Be Shut Down as Script Is Rejected
Warner Bros. Pictures' reboot of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" might be scrapped afterall. It is reported that the entire project "may have lost some steam" after the script submitted by screenwriter Whit Anderson this past summer was far from the expectations and was completely rejected. Anderson has now bowed out of the project and the producers are looking for a new scribe.
A source close to the project revealed to Los Angeles Times' Hero Complex, "If you're going to bring it back, you have to do it right." The insider added, "[Anderson] came in with some great ideas and she had reinvented some of the lore and it was pretty cool but in the end there just wasn't enough on the page."
Back in 2010, shortly after Warners announced that Anderson was hired to pen the reboot, creator Joss Whedon quickly rejected the idea. "This is a sad, sad reflection on our times, when people must feed off the carcasses of beloved stories from their youths, just because they can't think of an original idea of their own, like I did with my 'Avengers' idea that I made up my self," he said in November 2010.
"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" was first introduced in 1992's film starring Kristy Swanson and Luke Perry. Whedon then created the TV hit series which stars Sarah Michelle Gellar and David Boreanaz. The story follows a teenage girl who learns that she is her generation's destined battler of vampires.
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz