Mel Gibson's Divorce Finalized, Ex-Wife Gets Half of His Fortune
Mel Gibson and his estranged wife, Robyn, are officially husband and wife no more. On Friday, December 23, the estranged couple's divorce was finalized in a Los Angeles courtroom after a judge approved a divorce settlement between the two, who have been married for 31 years and have seven children together.
As part of the settlement, Robyn will return to using her maiden name, Robyn Denise Moore. Other details were kept confidential, but PEOPLE reported that Mel's ex-wife is walking away with the actor's fortune, which was once estimated to be as high as $850 million, considering they didn't have a prenuptial agreement. The settlement will become effective on January 9.
Mel and Robyn separated after 26 years of marriage in July 2006. Robyn filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences, nearly three years later in April 2009 after learning that Mel was having a child with then-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva. In June 2011, Robyn informed the court through her attorney that the divorce settlement has been settled.
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance