Mel Gibson's Divorce Finalized, Ex-Wife Gets Half of His Fortune
Mel Gibson and his estranged wife, Robyn, are officially husband and wife no more. On Friday, December 23, the estranged couple's divorce was finalized in a Los Angeles courtroom after a judge approved a divorce settlement between the two, who have been married for 31 years and have seven children together.
As part of the settlement, Robyn will return to using her maiden name, Robyn Denise Moore. Other details were kept confidential, but PEOPLE reported that Mel's ex-wife is walking away with the actor's fortune, which was once estimated to be as high as $850 million, considering they didn't have a prenuptial agreement. The settlement will become effective on January 9.
Mel and Robyn separated after 26 years of marriage in July 2006. Robyn filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences, nearly three years later in April 2009 after learning that Mel was having a child with then-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva. In June 2011, Robyn informed the court through her attorney that the divorce settlement has been settled.
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video