Mel Gibson's Divorce Finalized, Ex-Wife Gets Half of His Fortune
Mel Gibson and his estranged wife, Robyn, are officially husband and wife no more. On Friday, December 23, the estranged couple's divorce was finalized in a Los Angeles courtroom after a judge approved a divorce settlement between the two, who have been married for 31 years and have seven children together.
As part of the settlement, Robyn will return to using her maiden name, Robyn Denise Moore. Other details were kept confidential, but PEOPLE reported that Mel's ex-wife is walking away with the actor's fortune, which was once estimated to be as high as $850 million, considering they didn't have a prenuptial agreement. The settlement will become effective on January 9.
Mel and Robyn separated after 26 years of marriage in July 2006. Robyn filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences, nearly three years later in April 2009 after learning that Mel was having a child with then-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva. In June 2011, Robyn informed the court through her attorney that the divorce settlement has been settled.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'