Mel Gibson's Divorce Finalized, Ex-Wife Gets Half of His Fortune
Mel Gibson and his estranged wife, Robyn, are officially husband and wife no more. On Friday, December 23, the estranged couple's divorce was finalized in a Los Angeles courtroom after a judge approved a divorce settlement between the two, who have been married for 31 years and have seven children together.
As part of the settlement, Robyn will return to using her maiden name, Robyn Denise Moore. Other details were kept confidential, but PEOPLE reported that Mel's ex-wife is walking away with the actor's fortune, which was once estimated to be as high as $850 million, considering they didn't have a prenuptial agreement. The settlement will become effective on January 9.
Mel and Robyn separated after 26 years of marriage in July 2006. Robyn filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences, nearly three years later in April 2009 after learning that Mel was having a child with then-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva. In June 2011, Robyn informed the court through her attorney that the divorce settlement has been settled.
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage