Charlize Theron Says She Is Somewhat the 'Villain' in 'Prometheus'
Charlize Theron has recently opened up about her role in "Prometheus". While some people have been comparing her character in the film to Sigourney Weaver's Ripley in 1979's "Alien", the actress herself admitted to Total Film, "No, I actually don't play the heroine in it; that's Noomi Rapace. I play somewhat of a villain in it."
The Oscar-winning actress further elaborated that her character, Meredith Vickers, is "not believer, she's not a scientist, she is the red tape that everyone has to go through." She went on to explain, "She's working with the company that's sponsoring this whole thing and you can feel she definitely has an agenda, which we pick up in the third act. She's more quiet thunder."
Asked if there will be any scene in "Prometheus" that is comparable to the original chest-bursting scene in "Alien", the 36-year-old actress got coy, "Maybe! I mean if you're a Ridley Scott fan and you love the genre, then you're going to be happy. You're going to be very, very happy."
"Prometheus" was initially designed as a prequel to "Alien", but the storyline evolved to a more stand-alone mythology. It follows a team of explorers who find a clue to the origin of mankind on Earth, leading them to a journey to the darkest corners of the universe, where they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.
Aside from Charlize, the sci-fi movie are supported by Michael Fassbender, Logan Marshall-Green, Idris Elba, Ben Foster, Patrick Wilson and Guy Pearce. Ridley Scott tackles the directorial duty, while Damon Lindelof and Jonathan Spaihts provide the screenplay. The film itself is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on June 8, 2012.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation