Charlize Theron Says She Is Somewhat the 'Villain' in 'Prometheus'
Charlize Theron has recently opened up about her role in "Prometheus". While some people have been comparing her character in the film to Sigourney Weaver's Ripley in 1979's "Alien", the actress herself admitted to Total Film, "No, I actually don't play the heroine in it; that's Noomi Rapace. I play somewhat of a villain in it."
The Oscar-winning actress further elaborated that her character, Meredith Vickers, is "not believer, she's not a scientist, she is the red tape that everyone has to go through." She went on to explain, "She's working with the company that's sponsoring this whole thing and you can feel she definitely has an agenda, which we pick up in the third act. She's more quiet thunder."
Asked if there will be any scene in "Prometheus" that is comparable to the original chest-bursting scene in "Alien", the 36-year-old actress got coy, "Maybe! I mean if you're a Ridley Scott fan and you love the genre, then you're going to be happy. You're going to be very, very happy."
"Prometheus" was initially designed as a prequel to "Alien", but the storyline evolved to a more stand-alone mythology. It follows a team of explorers who find a clue to the origin of mankind on Earth, leading them to a journey to the darkest corners of the universe, where they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.
Aside from Charlize, the sci-fi movie are supported by Michael Fassbender, Logan Marshall-Green, Idris Elba, Ben Foster, Patrick Wilson and Guy Pearce. Ridley Scott tackles the directorial duty, while Damon Lindelof and Jonathan Spaihts provide the screenplay. The film itself is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on June 8, 2012.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics