Rebecca Black to Remix 'Friday' in 'Totally Different' Version
Rebecca Black is back to her root. The YouTube sensation confirms that she's going to include her claim-fame single "Friday" on her upcoming debut album, but instead of listing the old version which was released a year ago, she will revamp it in a "totally different" version.
"We re-recorded 'Friday' and it's totally different," 14-year-old Rebecca tells Hollywood Life before teasing further, "It's not like 'Friday'. It's the same lyrics. It's the same melody - but the style of the music behind it is very different."
In a further statement, she elaborates, "I didn't want it to sound like it sounds, like very pop. When we re-recorded it, I talked to my producer and said, 'I want this to sound like we're on the beach with friends, someone's got a guitar, there's drums' ... I love it."
Aside from "Friday", Rebecca actually has two more singles; "My Moment" which narrates her story to stardom, and "Person of Interest" which is an ode to flirting on the dance floor. Both, unfortunately, failed to follow the viral success of the its predecessor.
Although it's been a year since being released, "Friday" is still popular on the web. It's most recently crowned the most-viewed viral clip on YouTube throughout 2011 by collecting more than one and half million views in the past twelve months leading to the year end.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video