Rebecca Black to Remix 'Friday' in 'Totally Different' Version
Rebecca Black is back to her root. The YouTube sensation confirms that she's going to include her claim-fame single "Friday" on her upcoming debut album, but instead of listing the old version which was released a year ago, she will revamp it in a "totally different" version.
"We re-recorded 'Friday' and it's totally different," 14-year-old Rebecca tells Hollywood Life before teasing further, "It's not like 'Friday'. It's the same lyrics. It's the same melody - but the style of the music behind it is very different."
In a further statement, she elaborates, "I didn't want it to sound like it sounds, like very pop. When we re-recorded it, I talked to my producer and said, 'I want this to sound like we're on the beach with friends, someone's got a guitar, there's drums' ... I love it."
Aside from "Friday", Rebecca actually has two more singles; "My Moment" which narrates her story to stardom, and "Person of Interest" which is an ode to flirting on the dance floor. Both, unfortunately, failed to follow the viral success of the its predecessor.
Although it's been a year since being released, "Friday" is still popular on the web. It's most recently crowned the most-viewed viral clip on YouTube throughout 2011 by collecting more than one and half million views in the past twelve months leading to the year end.
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger