'Dark Knight Rises' Trailer Breaks iTunes Download Record With 12.5 Million Views
"The Dark Knight Rises" hasn't opened in theaters yet, but it already breaks record. On Friday, December 23, Warner Bros. Pictures announced that the new trailer for the highly anticipated superhero film has made an iTunes history. Released on December 19 at 10 A.M. PT, it was viewed more than 12.5 million times in the first 24 hours.
The trailer broke the record for most combined downloads through the iTunes Movie Trailers site and the iTunes Trailers iOS app for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. It knocked down the one-day mark previously set by the first trailer for Joss Whedon's "The Avengers", which had more than 10 million iTunes views in the first 24 hours of its release in October.
"The Dark Knight Rises", which will be the final installment of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, is set eight years after the events in "The Dark Knight". Terrorist leader Bane arrives in Gotham City, pushing it and its police force to their limits. He also forces Batman to resurface after taking the fall for Harvey Dent's crimes.
Christian Bale returns as the Caped Crusader, while Tom Hardy takes on Bane and Anne Hathaway portrays Catwoman. Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Matthew Modine are among other notable actors supporting this DC comic adaptation movie, which will be released in the U.S. on July 20, 2012.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'