Listen to Taylor Swift's Song for 'The Hunger Games'
Taylor Swift penned a song for the highly-anticipated film, "The Hunger Games". Titled "Safe and Sound", the song is a soft ballad from the collaboration between the country singer and Grammy-nominated duo The Civil Wars.
The lyrics fit the movie's dystopian plot. "Just close your eyes / The sun is going down / You'll be all right / No one can hurt you now / Come morning light / You and I'll be safe and sound," Swift sings in the chorus.
"Something I've been VERY excited about for a VERY long time is going to be happening VERY soon, and I'm not referring to Christmas," Swift wrote on Twitter slightly before unveiling the song. "Safe and Sound" is available on iTunes.
"The Hunger Games" will be released in U.S. theaters March 23, 2012. As for the movie's score, James Newton Howard took over the job from Danny Elfman who quit due to scheduling conflicts.
More Taylor Swift News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival