Listen to Taylor Swift's Song for 'The Hunger Games'
Taylor Swift penned a song for the highly-anticipated film, "The Hunger Games". Titled "Safe and Sound", the song is a soft ballad from the collaboration between the country singer and Grammy-nominated duo The Civil Wars.
The lyrics fit the movie's dystopian plot. "Just close your eyes / The sun is going down / You'll be all right / No one can hurt you now / Come morning light / You and I'll be safe and sound," Swift sings in the chorus.
"Something I've been VERY excited about for a VERY long time is going to be happening VERY soon, and I'm not referring to Christmas," Swift wrote on Twitter slightly before unveiling the song. "Safe and Sound" is available on iTunes.
"The Hunger Games" will be released in U.S. theaters March 23, 2012. As for the movie's score, James Newton Howard took over the job from Danny Elfman who quit due to scheduling conflicts.
More Taylor Swift News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March