Courtney Love Calls Eviction Battle With Landlady 'Weird as Heck'
Courtney Love is facing eviction from her 4-story townhouse in Manhattan's West Village as her landlady accused her of falling behind in rent and altering the interior design without permission. In her response, the 47-year-old wrote a lengthy post on xoJane.com, calling the claims "weird as heck".
"This is the last thing I am going to say about this. Then I am moving on. I moved into this home only on the condition that I could paint it and when I leave, I'd restore it to exactly what it was," the lead vocalist for rock band Hole began explaining. "Since I darkened the door she (the owner) has been vicious to me and my staff. I've no clue why."
"Having a landlady tell you your Prelle, $2.000-a-yard fabric used in Jean Patou's Parisian apartment or your Majorelle, Ruhlman, Regency furniture is 'destructive' is totally weird," she continued on. "My taste is artful and femme, but it's excellent. I'm 47, have bought and sold 14 houses (16 if you count Washington) and love doing them nicely and tripling the price."
In the end, the former wife of Kurt Cobain recalled, "Donna Lyon, the owner, came over the other day and, after informing me that 'No one likes you, Courtney Love, NO ONE,' which made me cry, she proceeded to knock over a photo (she's rather... unwieldy) of me with Dame Elizabeth Taylor and shatter the mirrored frame."
Just a day prior on Wednesday, December 21, Courtney filed a motion asking a Manhattan Housing Court judge to shoot down Donna's bid to have her evicted. Per the New York Post, her lawyer Eric Sherman argued that the rocker has caught up on paying her rent and actually made improvements to the property.
To reporters, Eric said, "The landlord had improperly sought three months rent at one time - including for the month of January. She paid the rent due Nov. 15, and again on Dec. 15, and she will pay again on Jan. 15." As for the renovation, the lawyer said, "She'll tell you herself the place is in better shape now than when she moved in." A hearing is set for January 13.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?