Courtney Love Calls Eviction Battle With Landlady 'Weird as Heck'
Courtney Love is facing eviction from her 4-story townhouse in Manhattan's West Village as her landlady accused her of falling behind in rent and altering the interior design without permission. In her response, the 47-year-old wrote a lengthy post on xoJane.com, calling the claims "weird as heck".
"This is the last thing I am going to say about this. Then I am moving on. I moved into this home only on the condition that I could paint it and when I leave, I'd restore it to exactly what it was," the lead vocalist for rock band Hole began explaining. "Since I darkened the door she (the owner) has been vicious to me and my staff. I've no clue why."
"Having a landlady tell you your Prelle, $2.000-a-yard fabric used in Jean Patou's Parisian apartment or your Majorelle, Ruhlman, Regency furniture is 'destructive' is totally weird," she continued on. "My taste is artful and femme, but it's excellent. I'm 47, have bought and sold 14 houses (16 if you count Washington) and love doing them nicely and tripling the price."
In the end, the former wife of Kurt Cobain recalled, "Donna Lyon, the owner, came over the other day and, after informing me that 'No one likes you, Courtney Love, NO ONE,' which made me cry, she proceeded to knock over a photo (she's rather... unwieldy) of me with Dame Elizabeth Taylor and shatter the mirrored frame."
Just a day prior on Wednesday, December 21, Courtney filed a motion asking a Manhattan Housing Court judge to shoot down Donna's bid to have her evicted. Per the New York Post, her lawyer Eric Sherman argued that the rocker has caught up on paying her rent and actually made improvements to the property.
To reporters, Eric said, "The landlord had improperly sought three months rent at one time - including for the month of January. She paid the rent due Nov. 15, and again on Dec. 15, and she will pay again on Jan. 15." As for the renovation, the lawyer said, "She'll tell you herself the place is in better shape now than when she moved in." A hearing is set for January 13.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal