Angelina Jolie Won't Be Rushing to Direct Another Movie After 'Blood and Honey'
Angelina Jolie might receive many praise for her directorial debut, "In the Land of Blood and Honey", but she is in no rush to helm another movie. In an interview with Los Angeles Times' 24 Frames, the Elise Clifton-Ward of "The Tourist" hinted that she will be picky for her next directing project.
"I love political subject matter, international work where I learn about other countries and foreign affairs. I don't know if I would be interested in directing something where I wasn't forced to get a huge education," the Oscar winner explained. Still, she noted, "I still am shy about the idea of whether I would ever do this again."
During the chat, the long-time partner of Brad Pitt opened up that she actually "half-wrote" another script about Afghanistan though nobody has read it. "I don't even think it's good. Maybe I'll dig it out, but I don't have the confidence yet to start even thinking in that way," so claimed the 36-year-old actress.
After directing "Blood and Honey", Jolie is set to star in several upcoming films, including Ridley Scott-produced "Gertrude Bell", David Fincher's "Cleopatra", and Luc Besson's yet untitled big scale thriller. However, she claimed she didn't miss going back to acting this time around.
"I loved not acting. I loved it," Jolie confessed. "When you get to shine the spotlight on someone who's doing the job 10 times better than you can imagine doing it yourself, it's great. It's like 'OK, I'm not needed here'."
Shot in both English and Slavic, "In the Land of Blood and Honey" follows a love story between a Muslim Bosniak woman, Alja, and a Christian Serbian soldier, Danijel. They met in 1991, before the Bosnian war breaks, and then find themselves on opposite sides. Danijel was in charge of guarding the rape camp where Ajla was imprisoned.
The drama will open in limited theaters in the U.S. on December 23. A few days before it is released, a brand new clip of the movie has been unleashed via Apple. The snippet sees a scene in which teary Danijel asks terrified Alja if he was her enemy or she was his enemy.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2