Suspect in Slim Dunkin's Murder Has Been Identified
A suspect in the murder of rapper Slim Dunkin has been identified. Less than a week after the Waka Flocka Flame affiliate was gunned down inside a recording studio following a verbal argument, Atlanta police revealed they have issued an arrest warrant for fellow local rapper Young Vito, whose real name is Vinson Hardimon.
In a press release issued on Thursday, December 22, police said, "We are urging Mr. Hardimon to turn himself in to authorities because we have reason to believe he may be in danger." They added that calls regarding his whereabouts can be made to Atlanta Crimestoppers or to the Atlanta Police Department's homicide unit.
The Atlanta Journal Constitution reported that 28-year-old Young Vito was identified as an "east Atlanta Zone 6 ... street legend turned rapper" who was about to "embark on capitalizing the rap, fashion, & movie industry" in a Twitter posting earlier this year.
News about the suspect identification came a day before Slim's funeral, which is scheduled to take place at 11 A.M. on Friday, December 23 at Berean Christian Church in Atlanta. It was said earlier that Waka and Gucci Mane are paying for the elaborate affair that includes a white horse-drawn carriage, massive white floral arrangements, and a white dove release ceremony.
A public viewing has been held on Thursday at Atlanta's Willie A. Watkins Funeral Home. Among friends and family paying their respects to the slain member of Brick Squad Monopoly was Waka, Wooh Da Kid and other members of Brick Squad, MTV reported. Waka was said to be noticeably upset, but kept his composure throughout the night.
Slim was shot to death on December 16 inside a recording studio in Atlanta. Days later on December 20, WSB-TV reported that the Waka Flocka Flame affiliate was gunned down following a verbal altercation with another individual that simply began over a stolen piece of candy.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign