Angelina Jolie Gets Criticized for Zahara's Hair Extensions
Days after Zahara debuted her newly braided hair, Angelina Jolie finds herself being criticized for letting her daughter get hair extensions. Celebrity hairstylist DaRico Jackson believes that by doing so, the director of "In the Land of Blood and Honey" gives implication to the 6-year-old that what she has is not good enough.
"She is far too young for that and Angelina is creating insecurity in the little girl that what she has is not good enough," so Jackson said. "Growing up with siblings who have long flowing hair, Zahara may grow to feel that her own natural hair is not pretty enough, and that without the fake hair she is not beautiful. She should be made to embrace who she is."
Jackson also pointed out that Zahara's natural hair is enough to be braided. "If Angelina wants Zahara to be in touch with her roots and have her hair braided then she can do that with the child's own hair and she doesn't need to add extensions," Jackson explained, before noting, "There are many cute styles that Zahara can have without adding fake hair at such a tender age."
Zahara was caught on camera sporting her new hair extensions when stepping out in Las Vegas with her famous parents and siblings on December 17. The family was at the time spending some quality time together by checking out Cirque de Soleil's "Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour".
More Angelina Jolie News
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'