Angelina Jolie Gets Criticized for Zahara's Hair Extensions
Days after Zahara debuted her newly braided hair, Angelina Jolie finds herself being criticized for letting her daughter get hair extensions. Celebrity hairstylist DaRico Jackson believes that by doing so, the director of "In the Land of Blood and Honey" gives implication to the 6-year-old that what she has is not good enough.
"She is far too young for that and Angelina is creating insecurity in the little girl that what she has is not good enough," so Jackson said. "Growing up with siblings who have long flowing hair, Zahara may grow to feel that her own natural hair is not pretty enough, and that without the fake hair she is not beautiful. She should be made to embrace who she is."
Jackson also pointed out that Zahara's natural hair is enough to be braided. "If Angelina wants Zahara to be in touch with her roots and have her hair braided then she can do that with the child's own hair and she doesn't need to add extensions," Jackson explained, before noting, "There are many cute styles that Zahara can have without adding fake hair at such a tender age."
Zahara was caught on camera sporting her new hair extensions when stepping out in Las Vegas with her famous parents and siblings on December 17. The family was at the time spending some quality time together by checking out Cirque de Soleil's "Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour".
More Angelina Jolie News
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'
- 'Rogue One': Meet C2-B5, New Imperial Droid That Looks Like R2-D2
- Johnny Depp Reconnects With Kate Moss Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Surprises Tyga With $300,000 Bentley After His Ferrari Got 'Repossessed'
- Lady GaGa Teases 'Perfect Illusion' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free