Joss Whedon Promises 'Avengers' 3D Conversion Won't Be 'Obnoxious'
Shortly after Walt Disney Pictures announced on Thursday, December 22 that "The Avengers" will be released in both 2D and 3D, Joss Whedon weighed in on the news. Speaking to Joblo, the director promised that the much awaited Marvel superhero movie "isn't obnoxiously 3D."
"There's no, 'Oh look, we're going to spend 20 minutes going through this tunnel because it's in 3D!' And no one is pointing at the screen the entire time," the filmmaker said. "But it's an action movie. Things tend to hurtle toward the screen anyway."
Whedon added that he was the one behind the idea of converting the comic-adapted movie into 3D. Explaining why he decided to do that, he said, "I'm not a big fan of extreme long lens, talky movies - I like to see the space I'm in and relate to it, so 3D kinda fits my esthetic anyway. And the technology has advanced so far in the past couple years."
"Avengers" will bring together the Earth's Mightiest Heroes from Marvel Comics to fight the biggest foes no single hero could withstand. The movie stars Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Chris Evans as Captain America, Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, and Tom Hiddleston as villainous Loki.
The conversion process will not affect the May 4, 2012 release date for "Avengers". This was not the first time Marvel gave a retouch for its superhero films. Previously, "Thor" and "Captain America: The First Avenger" were also given the 3D conversion.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March