Steve Jobs and Diana Ross Are Special Honorees at 2012 Grammy Awards
The members of the Recording Academy have picked a list of influential people who made great impact in music industry to be handed with special honors at its upcoming 54th annual Grammy Awards. Two of the honorees are the late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, and Broadway veteran Diana Ross.
The man behind iPod and iTunes are chosen as one of Trustees Award honorees along with two other prominent figures Dave Bartholomew and Rudy Van Gelder. He's recognized for his "creative visionary" which "revolutionized the industry and how music was distributed and purchased," so the Academy said.
As for Diana, the former star of The Supremes is going to honored with Lifetime Achievement Award along with The Allman Brothers Band, Glen Campbell, Antonio Carlos Jobim, George Jones, The Memphis Horns and Gil Scott-Heron, who are all also potent figures in their own genres.
"This year's honorees offer a variety of brilliance, contributions and lasting impressions on our culture," said President/CEO of The Recording Academy Neil Portnow. "It is an honor to recognize such a diverse group of individuals whose talents and achievements have had an indelible impact on our industry."
2012 Grammy Awards will take place in a star-studded ceremony at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, and broadcast live on February 12, 2012 at 8 P.M. ET/PT on CBS. The Beach Boys are set to make a special appearance to officially announce the band's reunion in celebration of their 50th anniversary.
This year's nomination list is led by Kanye West with a total of seven nods. The rap mogul appears in such categories as Song of the Year, Best Rap/Sung Collaboration, Best Rap Song and Best Rap Album. Following his domination are the likes of Adele, Foo Fighters and Bruno Mars with six nods.
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'
- AMC Renews 'Into the Badlands' for Expanded Season 3
- Juicy! Kourtney Kardashian Flaunts Butt in Thong One-Piece
- Iggy Azalea Shares Snippets of New Single 'Switch' Ft. Anitta