'American Horror Story' to Start Fresh With New Cast and House on Season Two
After "American Horror Story" wrapped up its first season on Wednesday, December 21 night, Ryan Murphy unveiled what he has in store next for the FX horror drama. The series' co-creator and executive producer told the press on Thursday that fans can expect new cast, new location and new theme on season two.
Through the new season will bring in fresh faces, the showrunner assured that some of the season-one actors "will be coming back". "There will be familiar faces and also some new faces," he shared. "The people that are coming back will be playing completely different characters, creatures, monsters, etc."
The man behind "Glee" further stressed, "[The Harmons] stories are done. People who are coming back will be playing entirely new characters." Still, he remained tight lipped when it comes to who are returning. "I would have them all back in a heartbeat," he said. "I think we'll announce the full cast and what the new storyline is going to be some time in February."
Ryan also spilled there will be a new house to haunt. "What you saw in the finale was the end of the Harmon house. The second season of the show will be a brand-new home or building to haunt," he gushed. "Just like this year, every season of this show will have a beginning, middle and end. [The second season] won't be in L.A. It will obviously be in America, but in a completely different locale."
The 46-year-old further revealed that the theme also undergoes changes. While the first season has infidelity as its theme, "the season we're planning now is very different from the California house approach," he explained before noting, "There is a clue in the last three episodes where we resay what the next season will be about."
More American Horror Story News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences