Kris Humphries on Getting Booed During First Game Back: I Felt Like Rudy
Kris Humphries was welcomed back to the NBA with a chorus of boos. The night after re-signing with the New Jersey Nets, the 26-year-old athlete joined the team for its final preseason game against the New York Knicks, but didn't get a warm response from the crowd when coming in at the second quarter.
In fact, the crowd inside the Madison Square Garden jeered at him every time he touched the ball on the court. Asked whether he was surprised by the treatment he got from fans, the estranged husband of Kim Kardashian admitted as quoted by ESPN, "I felt like Rudy out there." He then sarcastically said, "I was so focused on the game, I couldn't hear that."
His teammate Deron Williams also weighed in on the booing by the crowd. "He had some great cheers and some great boos," said the point guard. "There were some mixed emotions going on out there. They booed him when he first got on the court and they were cheering for him to get back in ... probably so they could boo him again."
Indeed, when Humphries stayed on the bench in the fourth, chants of "We want Humphries! We want Humphries!'' broke out. About the cheering, Williams commented, "I've never heard an opposing player be cheered to be put in the game," before sarcastically adding, "That was a nice gesture on their part."
The Wednesday, December 21 game, which marked Humphries' first NBA game since March 30, ended with the Nets' 88-82 lost to the Knicks.
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie