Teresa Giudice's Husband Facing Up to 10 Years in Prison Over Fake ID Charges
One member of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" has met trouble just days away from Christmas. Joe Giudice is facing up to 10 years in jail after he was indicted on two criminal counts in Passaic County, New Jersey for illegally obtaining a driver's license using his brother's name.
On Tuesday, December 20, the husband of Teresa Giudice was charged with one count of wrongfully using identifying information of another and one count of impersonation. The first charge carries a maximum of 10 years in prison, while the second charge is punishable by up to 18 months.
According to the indictment, 40-year-old Joe used his brother Pietro's marriage and birth certificates in June 2010 to acquire a driver's license at the Paterson, New Jersey Motor Vehicle Office. His own driver's license was, at the time, suspended after he was arrested for DUI in January the same year.
Prosecutors said Joe's scam was uncovered after Pietro was pulled over in March on a routine traffic stop. When officers ran Pietro's license through a mobile data terminal, Joe's mug popped up.
Should Joe be sentenced to jail, it won't be his first. The former developer, who filed for bankruptcy in 2010 with debts of almost $11 millions, has spent 10 days in jail last year after being convicted of driving on a suspended license. He also got himself detained by Dominican Republic Police in February this year for his being involved in a violent bar brawl.
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards