Teresa Giudice's Husband Facing Up to 10 Years in Prison Over Fake ID Charges
One member of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" has met trouble just days away from Christmas. Joe Giudice is facing up to 10 years in jail after he was indicted on two criminal counts in Passaic County, New Jersey for illegally obtaining a driver's license using his brother's name.
On Tuesday, December 20, the husband of Teresa Giudice was charged with one count of wrongfully using identifying information of another and one count of impersonation. The first charge carries a maximum of 10 years in prison, while the second charge is punishable by up to 18 months.
According to the indictment, 40-year-old Joe used his brother Pietro's marriage and birth certificates in June 2010 to acquire a driver's license at the Paterson, New Jersey Motor Vehicle Office. His own driver's license was, at the time, suspended after he was arrested for DUI in January the same year.
Prosecutors said Joe's scam was uncovered after Pietro was pulled over in March on a routine traffic stop. When officers ran Pietro's license through a mobile data terminal, Joe's mug popped up.
Should Joe be sentenced to jail, it won't be his first. The former developer, who filed for bankruptcy in 2010 with debts of almost $11 millions, has spent 10 days in jail last year after being convicted of driving on a suspended license. He also got himself detained by Dominican Republic Police in February this year for his being involved in a violent bar brawl.
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016