Teresa Giudice's Husband Facing Up to 10 Years in Prison Over Fake ID Charges
One member of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" has met trouble just days away from Christmas. Joe Giudice is facing up to 10 years in jail after he was indicted on two criminal counts in Passaic County, New Jersey for illegally obtaining a driver's license using his brother's name.
On Tuesday, December 20, the husband of Teresa Giudice was charged with one count of wrongfully using identifying information of another and one count of impersonation. The first charge carries a maximum of 10 years in prison, while the second charge is punishable by up to 18 months.
According to the indictment, 40-year-old Joe used his brother Pietro's marriage and birth certificates in June 2010 to acquire a driver's license at the Paterson, New Jersey Motor Vehicle Office. His own driver's license was, at the time, suspended after he was arrested for DUI in January the same year.
Prosecutors said Joe's scam was uncovered after Pietro was pulled over in March on a routine traffic stop. When officers ran Pietro's license through a mobile data terminal, Joe's mug popped up.
Should Joe be sentenced to jail, it won't be his first. The former developer, who filed for bankruptcy in 2010 with debts of almost $11 millions, has spent 10 days in jail last year after being convicted of driving on a suspended license. He also got himself detained by Dominican Republic Police in February this year for his being involved in a violent bar brawl.
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2